• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You can't make this stuff up: Crazy stories ripped from the headlines

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Images from Dukes of Hazzard.
They used smoke bombs.
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 6.20.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 6.21.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 6.22.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 6.23.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 6.21.09 PM.png

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Because dirt that isn't either carried by the car or within the boundary layer has a much higher drag/mass ratio and effectively gets stopped in its tracks once it leaves the boundary layer.

If that wasn't the case, all the dirt would land at the same spot the car did, instead of leaving a plume in the air.
Ok, so the car is basically Pig Pen with a good dirt reservoir, that gets launched. So if we launched a Pig Pen with fluorescent dirt, in a black light lit stadium, we’d get a nice plume?

Is it time to rename that car?
Bubba Watson paid like $125k for one of those.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It sure took a long time for anyone to run over and check on the driver...
That’s what I thought! Two adults were in the car with the dashboard cam and one could‘ve gotten out. That was the most horrifying part of the video to me, that they just sat there instead of running to check on the driver. At least they called 911 right away.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
The weirdest thing (and Lehto failed to mention it) is that there is no financial gain to the cops who issued but did not hand out the tickets, what exactly was their motive? And are these cops an example of the low hiring standards for police officers in Hialeah? Its like these guys failed an IQ test.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Meanwhile, in Florida:
Man in contraption washes up in Florida after trying to run on water https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57983648
Gotta add that the guy who tried this is an Iranian immigrant with a remarkable story who’s done some amazing stuff. This stunt, however, is a little loony and not so benevolent when the Coast Guard has to repeatedly rescue him.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Dukes of hazards have nothing on this yuba city woman ! When the General Lee was parked in Sperryville VA we bought a used exercise bike (4 th of 6) at a yard sale across the street. I keep telling her not to redonate the bikes. She doesn’t listen! All good skiers need crutches. I’ve hidden the last set !

Last edited:

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier

John Webb

mdskier
Skier

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In Germany we have a 84 yr man fined for keeping a WWII battle tank and an anti aircraft gun in his basement !
Took 9 hours to remove all the ammunition !

View attachment 139463
I can't count the number of times I've been stuck in traffic, wishing I had one of those.

Sponsor