• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You can't make this stuff up: Crazy stories ripped from the headlines

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Excitement in Rockingham, VT last weekend.

https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Police-Boston-man-shot-and-killed-on-the-job-in-Vt-564285271.html

Word from the locals is this was a hit, truck summoned to pull over by someone, bullets fired through windshield with 2 direct hits to driver. Rumor is a bunch of guys were in prison, this guy got out early for some reason and someone was pissed off. This was a pretty isolated area in between 91 and the town of Chester. The area of Route 103 where the truck was parked was quiet without any businesses around.

Perhaps a rat? This would make a great story for Law & Order or some other crime profiling show.

This is how we get to our condo from 91 and the road was closed and navigation rerouted us around it but just before Exit 6 we were advised road was open again and it was ok to exit our usual way. Lots of cops still around and the truck was still there but through traffic was allowed.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
But officer, it is only for "personal use."

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Stuff happens !
Left in Car on Its Own, Florida Dog Shifts Into Reverse and Drives in Circles for an Hour.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/left-...nto-reverse-and-drives-in-circles-for-an-hour

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I just watched a guy run up and down the street in jeans with bare feet and no shirt, whipping said missing shirt around over his head and running at cars in the roadway yelling and screaming.. I mean, that meth is a helluva drug... :huh::roflmao:

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Canadian town of Asbestos, Quebec, wants to change toxic name

l knew about Asbestos and how the town got its name. Here’s the Wikipedia on Asbestos, Quebec.

Since the second mineral mined there was Magnesium maybe that should be the new name. Then all they would need to do is open up dairy farms. The name for the product is obvious.

Milk of Magnesium :duck:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I understand Hitler had an aversion to seagulls...:roflmao:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
1578603988256.png

Bear in N Canada relaxing on a couch !

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So truth be told..one of the reasons I see so many bears is that my country retreat is on the main wildlife highway from the bush to the town dump. We call the dump the bear drive-thru.... So yeah..it's a thing man.. People in rural towns everywhere I'm sure show up at the dump at dusk to watch the bears line up and get their dinner..

James

Out There
Instructor
So truth be told..one of the reasons I see so many bears is that my country retreat is on the main wildlife highway from the bush to the town dump. We call the dump the bear drive-thru.... So yeah..it's a thing man.. People in rural towns everywhere I'm sure show up at the dump at dusk to watch the bears line up and get their dinner..
Years ago I had a friend who had a cabin in Muskoka (spelling?). One day during our in town trip he announces we’re going to the dump. To see the bears. Bunch of people there waiting.
Sure enough, they showed up. Cubs climbing the tree looked like a shampoo ad with really shiny black fur.

Sponsor

Staff online