• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You can't make this stuff up: Crazy stories ripped from the headlines

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I'm not even bothering quoting any particular headline as there are so many of them, but the Prince Harry vs. Prince William No Rules Wrestling to find out who will Rule Britannia etc. etc. may have to be the craziest story I've seen in a long while. Megyn Kelly has also noticed this, but doesn't it strike you as strange that a British Army Captain who had seen two tours of Afghanistan would say that he was "terrified" when his brother "shouted at" him. Blimey, either he's manipulating us all with his language or he'll be asking for a safe space soon ...
I don't see what the big deal is brothers/siblings sometimes fight and yes even after they are grown up.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Crazy lucky find:
Unknown.jpeg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was in Boy Scouts in MD another scout found a large sharks tooth at the same Calvert Cliffs site. 6th or 8th biggest in world.
The Smithsonian was interested in it !
I was in the Smithsonian Natural History Museum on Tuesday. I found the fossilized source of the Mammoth Mountain mascot:
mastadon.jpg

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

John Webb

mdskier
Skier

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Seems bogus to me; it's hard to believe that the men, aged 18 to 72, don't already know what the average size is and where they stand on that scale, having looked it up at some point in their lives. If there is an effect of the sequence of what they were shown impacting the desirableness of the shown sports cars, it's more likely to do with knowing they've just been told an outright lie, so it's okay to be uninhibited. But why, if they were told the opposit lie, would they not also choose the sports car? Time to apply for another grant!

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
No thank you. You go on ahead with the grant.
Checking out and measuring other dude's private part is not one of my aspiration in life.
They didn't actually check out the size of anyone's body parts; they just based it on what the responders were told was average.

Yes, I clicked the link. What kind of adds am I going to get now? :rolleyes::roflmao:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A school in Massachusetts installed a computer system to control lights to save energy.
The software malfunctioned.
The lights are on 24/7. No one has been able to to turn the lights off !

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that......

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
A school in Massachusetts installed a computer system to control lights to save energy.

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that......
Anyone think to unplug the computer? :duck:

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
The Seattle Times: Burning German ‘ghost train’ stopped near Austria border.

Authorities in southern Germany say efforts to put out a fire on a train turned into a spectacular chase early Friday after the driverless diesel engine began taking off toward Austria of its own accord.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Seattle Times: Burning German ‘ghost train’ stopped near Austria border.

Authorities in southern Germany say efforts to put out a fire on a train turned into a spectacular chase early Friday after the driverless diesel engine began taking off toward Austria of its own accord.
I remember reading about this one in New Jersey when I was a kid. Happened in '59.

Sponsor

Staff online