• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You can't make this stuff up: Crazy stories ripped from the headlines

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The late South Carolina naturalist Rudy Mancke said it’s best to throw a sheet over them and let an expert come get it.

“That animal will just stay there until people come,” he said.

It thinks it’s hiding.

"Dillman said people who have captured or killed tegus have turned them over to SCDNR and were euthanized, if needed, and necropsied."

Well heck, if they're gonna euthanize me when I turn the darn thing in, I'll just keep my mouth shut and have it for dinner.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
"Dillman said people who have captured or killed tegus have turned them over to SCDNR and were euthanized, if needed, and necropsied."

Well heck, if they're gonna euthanize me when I turn the darn thing in, I'll just keep my mouth shut and have it for dinner.
Probably tastes like chicken..

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was a kid there, the first day of alligator season was always a big deal. Lots of kids would be missing from school... everyone would talk about how many alligators they were going to get... filling their freezers... getting up early to get the gators when they were most active... and making sure to wear your blaze orange.
You are really embracing the part-time Colorado residency aren't you Dave?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
20231121_131659.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
It is also safety standards in the USA in the 2020s as it is Only in Canada that safety restraints are required on all chairlifts.
It varies by state/region. All the Northeastern states require safety bars, AFAIK, and the ski areas usually enforce their use. You can actually get your pass pulled for not using them.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It varies by state/region. All the Northeastern states require safety bars, AFAIK, and the ski areas usually enforce their use. You can actually get your pass pulled for not using them.
And Vermont actually requires use of them by law, not just that they be on the chair.

"1007.2 Chairs
Each chair shall be equipped with a restraint bar, which shall not yield to forward pressure applied by passenger(s).

The passenger(s) must have the restraint bar fully closed except when they are embarking or disembarking the lift."

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
So this woman in Escondido CA adopts a pet chicken with deformed mostly missing feet. It can hardly walk.
she posts on social media and all of a sudden people send 64 pairs of tiny shoes for the chicken !

Sponsor

Staff online