• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You can't make this stuff up: Crazy stories ripped from the headlines

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
What people will do for love!

The Isle of Man in the Irish Sea between Ireland and the UK is run as its own country although somewhat tied to the UK.
They have a complete lock-down to control coronavirus - No one can enter or leave the island.

This guy from Scotland who has never been on a jet-ski buys a jet ski on Thursday to cruise over to visit his girlfriend who
is stranded on the island where she lives.. The trip which should take 40 minutes takes 2 1/2 hours due to the usual rough seas !
He arrives and then walks 15 miles to the girls house.

After a glorious weekend with the girl the authorities arrest him on Monday and put him in jail for 4 weeks.
(Possible paywall in link)

Last edited:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Santa Claus rescued when tangled up on high power lines !
1608542695293.png

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
He ain't Tom Hanks !

This man was just arrested for living inside Chicago O'hare airport for 3 months.
He was afraid to fly home because of Covid-19

The county judge found this hard to believe She asks the prosecutor:
“So if I understand you correctly,” Ortiz said, “you’re telling me that an unauthorized, nonemployee individual was allegedly living within a secure part of the O’Hare airport terminal from Oct. 19, 2020, to Jan. 16, 2021, and was not detected? I want to understand you correctly.”

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Florida man arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.

He threw an alligator thru the drive thru window at Wendys !

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's been a bit since I've stumbled upon something worthy of this thread, but seriously... I did not know turtles could fly. :geek:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
It's been a bit since I've stumbled upon something worthy of this thread, but seriously... I did not know turtles could fly. :geek:

Obviously a male turtle.

Because "Florida Man"

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Donatello!

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier

“Our team located a nearby dam, and it appears the beavers dug underground alongside the creek to reach our cable, which is buried about three feet underground and protected by a 4.5-inch thick conduit," the company said in a statement. "The beavers first chewed through the conduit before chewing through the cable in multiple locations."

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
They keep learning...we're in trouble! :geek:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier

“Our team located a nearby dam, and it appears the beavers dug underground alongside the creek to reach our cable, which is buried about three feet underground and protected by a 4.5-inch thick conduit," the company said in a statement. "The beavers first chewed through the conduit before chewing through the cable in multiple locations."
Don't they use the metric system in Canada?

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier

Surely they mean a 115mm DIAMETER conduit. Not 4.5" thick.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Man Constructs 'Poop Wall' Between Him and Neighbor After Vicious Feud (msn.com)

The neighborhood feud between Lambarth and his anonymous neighbor began in 2020. In a moment of anger, the neighbor decided to build a physical property line between the households made entirely of manure. As a farmer, he allegedly had enough access to cow fecal matter to create the large heap.

"They are consistently ruining my morning as I walk out," tenant Schwarzel told WCRZ. "It's just a s**t pile over there."

Despite frequent complaints about the foul odor and the principle of the retaliatory actions, local law enforcement is unable to force the wall down, as the manure does not cross the legal property that belongs to Lambarth. They did agree with FOX2 that the poop wall is "a disgusting nuisance."

The neighbor refused to give his name or comment, other than noting what he termed the fixture. "It's not a poop wall. It's a compost fence," he said.

Sponsor

Staff online