• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You can't make this stuff up: Crazy stories ripped from the headlines

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ever see a headline and think you'd like to share it here because its just too crazy to keep to yourself?

This is one of those stories that kinda cracked me up. 1 85 year old woman and 5 elderly men are arrested on various charges after being caught performing sexual acts in a public park.

From the article:
Police identified the suspects to the Connecticut Post as Daniel Dobbins, 67; Otto D. Williams, 62; Charles L. Ardito, 75; John Linartz, 62; Richard Butler, 82; and Joyce Butler, 85.

* I don't think of someone in their 60s as elderly, but that is a description from the article.

** Share your crazy stories ripped from the headlines but please keep it SFW

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Toronto police service tweeted one day "naked man running through traffic with a knife.". Then about five minutes later "correction he is wearing socks."
You can't make this stuff up and have people believe you..
police-have-reported-a-man-going-into-local-craft-stores-37986771.png

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
BTW... the Suffolk Gazette is a spoof/satire/joke site... this is from their "About" page:

"You couldn’t make it up. Suffolk is full of strange and wonderful stories, and our tales explode across social media and get repeated by gullible mainstream media, including Sky News and national newspapers."

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Back when I had a porta-jon business one of our older fiberglass units was burned at the local ball diamond. The kid told his parents that he had a stick that was on fire and he threw it in the toilet to put it out and it just blew up because of the chemicals.
The irony was, the whole things was burned down to just the holding tank which didn't burn because the liquid waste was still there. We had to pump it out to haul it away.
I asked the little vandal's dad if he realized that his kid was lying because we had to pump out the liquid waste, which included the chemicals that his kid said blew up.
The dad called me a liar

*that kid had to work hard to get a fiberglass porta-jon to ignite.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sure, why not. Some of the best beaches are FKK - especially the ones that predate prudish touristy development.
I feel a little guilty for promoting that seagull story, so gullible of me. But, I appreciate the schooling on the Suffolk Gazette, and I had to google FKK to learn what it was, and had an aha moment. An acquaintance picks vacation spots where he can go naked, but I just didn't know it was a thing.

Why the relief? Were you guys planning of some naked sunbathing?
Relief, because the visualization, even though it was fake story, was rather gruesome.

Sponsor

Staff online