• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You can't make this stuff up: Crazy stories ripped from the headlines

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ The employee will likely be even more disgruntled when he doesn't receive his final paycheck, followed by when the Sheriff shows up to charge him with theft.

Not my problem.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
A bear showed up at a two-year-olds birthday party to eat cupcakes:

We have a similar story decades ago! Ridgewell’s Caterers ( they do the White House) was doing the two-years-olds birthday party next door to us in the back yard.

Their van was open with hors d'oeuvres layed out but no one was around. We looked in and we’re horrified to see our cat having a grand old time munching away on exquisite food. We hollered the cats name and she ran over to us. Never told them what happened !

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Thought this was interesting, and will become more critical as this digresses. Maybe not the right spot for it but we will all hear more on the subject.

307298639_10160377440032930_5989571100155533819_n.jpg

SNOWSPORTS ACADEMY AUSTRIA is in Austria.​

September 15 at 11:25 PM ·
Cable cars and energy - facts and myths
Cable cars and skiing provide the core infrastructure for alpine winter tourism and thus ensure the existence of thousands of companies, their employees and families. Energy optimization measures have been worked on and successfully implemented for years.
The total energy consumption per skier and day (for cable cars, snowmaking, slope preparation, gastronomy, heating and infrastructure) is 18.0 kWh.
Around 525,000 kWh per winter are needed to technically snow a ski area with 30 hectares of slopes. A municipal indoor swimming pool has a requirement of approx. 750,000 kWh per year.
You will find more comparisons at our blog article:
https://www.eng.snowsports.at/blog

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Redding CA woman Missing for 22 days, Papini reappeared bruised, branded and emaciated. Her blond hair was sloppily cut. She claimed two Latinas had kidnapped her at gunpoint

Turns out she faked the kidnapping and she was hiding out at her ex-boyfriends house.
She in now in federal prison for 18 months

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Probable this has already been tweeted. I always suspected that Rodney Dangerfield was living a second life as Al Gore. I voted for Clinton the first time so not in that way.

Attachments

• 8071E405-3911-401F-B49B-98C12522FF23.jpeg
    8071E405-3911-401F-B49B-98C12522FF23.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 10

John Webb

mdskier
Skier

James

Out There
Instructor

British Man Tries to Climb Mont Blanc in Tracksuit, Nearly Freezes to Death​

Oct 5, 2022

26 yr old engineer:

———————————
…Feda Hussein attempted to climb the mountain with nothing but a tracksuit, hiking poles, and a tarp. The weather was less than ideal.

As a result, this aerospace engineer’s solo expedition quickly unraveled, according to Italian news reports. He called for help from the Bionnassay Glacier Saturday evening after he got lost in a snowstorm. Rescuers failed to find Hussein in the storm and told him to find shelter. Then they lost contact.

Italy’s Aosta Valley Mountain Rescue found Hussein the next morning 3,100m up the mountain. To their shock, Hussein was still alive. But with a body temperature of 25˚C (3˚ lower than the “death zone” of 28˚), he was five minutes from death, they said…
—————————

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier

Oct 5, 2022

26 yr old engineer:

———————————
…Feda Hussein attempted to climb the mountain with nothing but a tracksuit, hiking poles, and a tarp. The weather was less than ideal.

As a result, this aerospace engineer’s solo expedition quickly unraveled, according to Italian news reports. He called for help from the Bionnassay Glacier Saturday evening after he got lost in a snowstorm. Rescuers failed to find Hussein in the storm and told him to find shelter. Then they lost contact.

Italy’s Aosta Valley Mountain Rescue found Hussein the next morning 3,100m up the mountain. To their shock, Hussein was still alive. But with a body temperature of 25˚C (3˚ lower than the “death zone” of 28˚), he was five minutes from death, they said…
—————————
Quoting a quote from another post "Fucking Brits!":roflmao:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Quoting a quote from another post "Fucking Brits!":roflmao:
Having worked at a ski shop with Aussies and Brits and a Brit for a Sun Peaks Retail and Rental manager, I have to say the Brits are way more entertaining with funny quirky sayings and expressions vs Aussies.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Oct 5, 2022

26 yr old engineer:

———————————

—————————
Aerospace engineer?
Got brain but no common sense.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I competed in a literal beer run
I can't even imagine what a literal versus figurative "beer run" is. Was it something like this?

1666285454832.png

I figure a "literal beer run" must mean the beer itself is running?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January