• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You think you hate it now...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
...wait till you drive it.

audi-rs6-truckster.webp

Snippet:
The Wagon Queen Family Truckster was originally a Ford LTD Country Squire that got a Hollywood makeover for the movie – as many stars do before stepping on set. The green paint, fake wood, crown badging, and other touches made to the car added to the movie's outlandish and comedic storyline. This Audi didn't go that far, though it does have a few unique touches. At the rear, the Audi sports a custom badge that says "Family Truckster" in script above "4.0 Liter Twin Turbocharged."

Underneath the Audi's wild exterior lies a potent performance car, something the Griswold's never had available. The RS6 Avant sports the brand's 4.0-liter V8 that produces a stout 591 horsepower (440 kilowatts) and 590 pound-feet (800 Newton-meters) of torque. The car can rocket to 60 miles per hour (96 kilometers per hour) in 3.5 seconds, and once you think about it, having that much power in Clark Griswold's hands would have lent to even crazier antics.

Full article here: Motor1

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Get that wagon up to top speed and those wood panels should peel off.

Still more tasteful than the nyan cat Deadmau5 had.

5cd9dd4f2100003100d09fba.jpeg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That just makes me sad....

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ha ha....that's pretty wild! Not my taste, but I can definitely appreciate the craftsmanship

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Ha ha....that's pretty wild! Not my taste, but I can definitely appreciate the craftsmanship

I think they should do a 'Viking' RS6.

Imagine hornbeam crossbar towers. Laminated ash aero crossbars. And a lapstrake ski box, in an upside-down faering shape. All metal joints done with giant rose-head copper rivets.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Nothing a few cans of Krylon won't make better looking.

That poor car is so sad.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
My neighbour bought one of those..and I couldn't help thinking, for $2k more you could get a nice Rav4.. I just don't get that thing....

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
I imagine it being silver with the faux wood, and then I actually like it. I would have to imagine it being built in Japan to actually consider buying it though!

Sponsor

Staff online