• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Zipfit Liners and Socks...

RollingLeaf

Booting up
Skier
Hey,

I was fitted this week for a new pair of boots with Zipfit liners.

Do Zipfits remove the need for thick socks? Do they provide enough warmth?

I have about 4 pair of long/tall ski socks that seem to be of normal thickness. They've done the job with rental boots in the past. But the socks I used in the fitting process were close to the thickness of dress socks.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
You should use the same thickness socks you used in the fitting. Otherwise, you may feel your circulation being cut off and that will make your feet colder. Thin wool socks are just as warm as thick wool socks.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
In a ski boot, socks do not have the job of keeping your foot warm. Compared to the thickness of the liner and shell, an extra mm of fabric contributes nothing in terms of insulation and preventing loss of heat through conduction.

Counterintuitively, a thin sock will keep your foot warmer by allowing for better circulation. A thinner wool ski sock will also wick moisture better than a thick sock, which will also give a better sense of warmth.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have been in Zipfits for about 100 days and have been wearing only a Smartwool extra thin sock.
I made the switch to a compression sock that is thinner than the Smartwool sock about 5 ski days ago.
I changed to the compression socks because of a crash 2 weeks ago where my ankle was injured and instead of taking a break from skiing I tried a different sock looking for more support. I think the compression will help with circulation and keep my feet warmer.

Last edited:

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
Zipfit GPs in Atomic Redster 130s and lightweight Bridgedale socks for me. Super snug fit with warm feet (at least to about 0°F).

RaSCat

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
hi all
just an update on these will I recieved my order today nso all up it too just over a week not too bad from the usa.
love them will save on a lot of work with these also got the 100 liners to go with them. I also ask if they are in any other colours
and they are working in it so willbe keeping an eye out for these
colleen

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
hi all
just an update on these will I recieved my order today nso all up it too just over a week not too bad from the usa.
love them will save on a lot of work with these also got the 100 liners to go with them. I also ask if they are in any other colours
and they are working in it so willbe keeping an eye out for these
colleen

Out of curiosity: Why would you order ZipFits from US when they have a perfectly good EU rep?