• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review 2017 gear demos @ Stratton

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled

187 is to long to actually be quick all the time especially in hard pack bumps/trees I will post my finding once they are here and mounted. I imagine the 187 would be better in crud, chopped up groomers and at high speeds on groomers. But reality is I already have great high speed groomer ski(195 Super Bro) and a good high speed crud ski(185cm El capo) and I already own the 180 old model and its fine basically doing anything I ask it.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
I will be writing up some thumbnail reviews but what I will tell you is that I was surprised by the two models. I generally like narrow or skis, however I found the 84 got deflected a lot. The 89 was one of the smoothest skis I've ever ridden and also one of the easiest skis to manage + the legit 180cm length is absolute perfection in a world of 177/186 models.

The old MX88 was fantastically smooth due to the full-length rubber layer (under the top sheet)? Does the new MX89 continue this construction or does it go to the partial rubber layer of the FX series? Kastles are certainly great skis, and they better be at their price point.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Who what where how how much?

Infrared lamp heats the boot. It only heats locally and according to the rep it heats all the way through unlike heatguns. Supposedly this makes it hold punches better. The boot was only hot to the touch where the lamp had been. This boot was the new Speedmachine, but he says the system will work on any PU boot. Heating times will vary with different thicknesses (I wonder if boot color matters?). The little digital display is the timer for the IR lamp.

This is the sunction cuppy thingy. You just put the cup on the boot and it sucks the shell right up to the cup.

This was a nice looking Fischer AT boot. Sorta like the Salomon LAB boot. Speaking of which, did you know that they sold out of 7,000 pairs of those puppies?

If you are a bass fisherman that also loves to ski, Sweet Protection has you covered.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looking back into some early testing threads I see @Eric Lipton is in the house!!

Sponsor

Staff online