• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pop-up Free Experience

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
As you may or may not know, SkiTalk.com cannot exist without paid advertising along with your community support. When we launched SkiTalk back in 2015 it was with the grassroots support of the community to get it going. Since then we have been able to subsidize the initial support with advertising dollars but unfortunately with rising operation costs, it still is not enough for us to get to you the content that you have come to expect from us.

While we do not like the fact that we have to expand into other adverting partners that might infringe upon your experience we would like to offer you a "pop up free experience" while you are spending time on your favorite site.

SkiTalk has long offered different donation levels and we would like to offer anyone who contributes $50 per year or more the option of not having pop up ads. Readers who contribute $100 a year or more will also receive a SkiTalk swag pack as a thank you for your generosity. Members who are already contributing/donating to the site are grandfathered with the pop up free option and the higher level contributors will receive the swag package upon renewal.

When you donate you will receive a SkiTalk Supporter badge...
Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 8.11.48 PM.png

As Uncle Louie said, while folks were generous in helping the site get off the ground, it has now been put on our shoulders to keep it going and we need your help and support for that to continue to happen. So, for those unhappy about the pop-ups, this is your chance to put your money where you mouth is. ;)

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
May I ask what is included in the swag package?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
May I ask what is included in the swag package?
Skitalk Hat, Ski Straps, Luggage Tags, Stickers, some misc items too ;) It might vary from subscriber to subscriber and be personalized.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am just curious. Why is $50 is the optimal price from a revenue standpoint? Seems about right although I wonder if a bit lower would yield more volume and more $.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I keep trying to donate using my debit. Are but the site keeps kicking me to PayPal. I don’t have PayPal. Suggestions?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I tried that. It kept kicking me back to PayPal. I used Venmo
For anyone who wants to do what Pat did, just send a PM and we'll get you an alternate way to donate.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Need silver and gold badges on the user ikons. Or is that tacky?

Sponsor