• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021/2022 ~ How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Day 16 at MSLM with almost 40k vert on these amazing CT 1.0. Great conditions all day and no crowds till I was leaving late afternoon.
8FA7178D-CA4F-439E-81FC-E3CBCF781DF2.jpeg

WadeHoliday

Out on the slopes
SkiTalk Tester
OUCH, sorry I missed that! you OK?
mediocre?
I only saw good to great turns, but maybe I'm less picky, life it too short to complain less than perfect snow:).

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
OUCH, sorry I missed that! you OK?
mediocre?
I only saw good to great turns, but maybe I'm less picky, life it too short to complain less than perfect snow:).
Surprisingly I came out unscathed and only missing one ski. I kept seeing a small tree coming at me and missed it only to see four or five big ones waiting. Luckily I stopped without help from the forest flora. Quote of the day went to @Philpug- "I GOT IT!"

bgimby

Losing an edge
Skier
25, at Woodward. Hit the park for the first time at Brighton yesterday, and had a good time. Then more park today. I almost remember what I'm doing. I got shiftys and 180s back and sort of got switch 180s back. Next time I'll go for the 3 again.

Also used rec boots for the first time this season... It was weird to have landings not hurt.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
27 Gore- parking lot was jammed and seemed crazy busy, actually people were spread out so lines not too bad. The top was socked in with snow making cloud, hawkeye was great, lies got scoured quickly, open pit fun. photo is looking up hawkeye from the chair, 2nd shot- usually can see rumor and lies, today they were hidden in the cloud

1642114917912.png

1642114851770.png

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
parking lot was jammed and seemed crazy busy
I've seen this a few times at Rose this season. Lot's of cars but where are all the people?

bgimby

Losing an edge
Skier
27, at Snowbird. SL yesterday and GS today. Continued to focus on timing of angulation in both disciplines.

In freeskiing, the results of better timing are immediate and obvious. When I'm able to start building a foundation and edge angle on the outside ski smoothly with the ankles and knees at the start of the turn, then bring the hip in towards the apex, the resulting arc is very tight and clean. The energy from the turn sets me up for an easy transition to the next one. I don't have trouble staying on the outside ski.

In both disciplines, I need to make sure I'm strongly projecting the CoM downhill during the transition to stay forward. I still lose that sometimes if I'm not paying attention to it.

In SL, I was also generally letting my upper body get tossed around too much, rather than keeping my upper body closer to upright and more pointed downhill. I had trouble bringing in the work from freeskiing on timing hip movements. In many turns, I didn't trust the carve and pivoted the skis to start the turn.

In GS, I can feel that I'm making the occasional turn with the new skills, but I still have some trouble with timing at speed.

Here's a shot from today:
20220114_100329.jpeg

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
The first hour at Blue Mountain, Collingwood for day 17th followed by the crowds after that. There are people behind me in the singles line on the left side(orange jacket line) and this is only half of the line that merges onto the lift. This to ski 720’ vert with no new snow in flat light……..:doh:

DDD82605-3AE6-47B6-A06C-2C6AFC54AD9D.png 7619D80A-E5A0-427B-8E6A-49896B388D24.jpeg

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I'm Eighteen​

Alice Cooper
I got a
Baby's brain and an old man's heart
Took eighteen years to get this far
Don't always know what I'm talkin' about
Feels like I'm livin' in the middle of doubt
'Cause I'm