• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021/2022 ~ How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
18 at Rose with @AKMINK, some friends, and one spawn.
20220123_145534.jpg

I always know where my eldest is.

20220123_124715.jpg

Reflections in Washoe Lake

20220123_094632.jpg

Tahoe, beautiful as always

20220123_110014.jpg

Slide Side in the glass

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 15 today at Park City. Too tired to upload pix right now - they'll likely end up in the Utah thread. Lines weren't bad all day (longest queue was 3 minutes) and my friend and I found great snow off the Pioneer and Jupiter chairs, as well as some soft bumps off of Silverlode.

Breakdown of resorts and number of days at each this season:
Timberline, WV - 3
Okemo - 2
Keystone - 2
Breckenridge - 2
Park City - 2
Mount Snow - 1
Solitude - 1
Snowbasin - 1
Brighton - 1

Probably the most variety I've had in a season in years. Back to the Mid Atlantic and coaching my team this coming week, so PA resorts will feature soon.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
day 22 and 23 on mountain holiday, less snow here than at home, sitting inside watching storms, only ground lifts are open and its raining on top of clear ice.......... this is a bit meh. so not going to even count them...

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
day 13! very very very very firm and -18c as it turns out, did not dress for that, but was awesome!
buddy on his new k2 mti, damn that dude can lay railroad tracks. rarely have I seen a k2 mti flex that much. he is 6.5 and 260lbs

arrived before the rush, 0 liftline, very few people.

2 more buddies arrived and we took turns leading the pack and "try to ski my exact line and follow the rails". great day.

View attachment 154163
View attachment 154164
Interesting setup..Scarpa Maestrale RS? (did the same to "break in" my Tecnica ZGGP faster - also becasue I had a couple of bootfitting sessions - shop is right atthe foot of the slopes, so it was quicker to ski, go see the Bootfitter, go back to ski etc, but once broken in, returned to a more alpine setup)
14 at Palisades Tahoe with @Tricia, @Philpug, @Stephen, and @WadeHoliday. Mostly good to mediocre turns. One not so good!
View attachment 154976
Ouch! Glad to hear you are ok. It appears worse than what it turned out to be, i understand. In these cases "live, to ski another day" would be my motto.
Considering trading less days on snow for career progress.
Or not.
Did the same myself. Not that I have made much of a career, but enough to help cover the expenses to feed the habit...

Last edited:

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Interesting setup..Scarpa Maestrale RS? (did the same to "break in" my Tecnica ZGGP faster - also becasue I had a couple of bootfitting sessions - shop is right atthe foot of the slopes, so it was quicker to ski, go see the Bootfitter, go back to ski etc, but once broken in, returned to a more alpine setup)
yes, you are correctt in your spotting. Its not ideal in thoose bindings, but it doesnt prerelease, Im talking him into some proper boots, he is a superb skier and used to do crosscountry on national level. but kids & priorities etc... but I think we will get him in some proper boots shortly! Im surprised at how hardd and good he can ski! the k2 mti isn't exactly a beginner, nor a friendly ski ;)

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Not judging by any means. Plenty of patrollers (army mountain troopers) were doing that here, back in the Maestrale / Maestrale RS prime days (RS had good on piste performances). I skied with a couple of guides in the '90s doing that (downhill skis/bindings and AT boots). The non skid sculpted sole (vibram) adding extra grip and safety when manoeuvring around, with skis off, on a groomed , icy slope, during the first aid procedures ...
Besides, those Marker bindings should be able to provide anything that is needed. As said, I skied the Tecnica ZGGP in a similar Marker mounted on Racetigers...

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
19 at Rose. Had a run with @JFB and a few with @Pat AKA mustski and Bob. Good conditions as the warmer temps are starting to soften what's become some extremely firm unforgiving snow over the last few weeks. Dare I say some spots are bordering on ice? No, but close.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
20 at Rose with @Pat AKA mustski and Bob. Absolutely beautiful weather. Some might say too good. I'll take the groomers while I can.

gardenmary

Late-in-life ski bum
Skier
Just 2 days so far - but they've been good, at Mt. Hood Meadows. Heading to Utah next Monday for two weeks, staying with good friends and meeting up with other good friends. First real vacation in 2 years and I.CAN'T.WAIT.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
I can finally put in a number - 2022 - 12 days and counting…
Either 21 or 22 days after tomorrow. I’ve lost count.

That will be it now until our Oz winter when I’ll probably get in a similar number of days - lets see.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I hope to ski that again this year with a little more grace than the last time (Skyehawk).

Day 34, 3 in Taos and the rest at Killington. For Taos photos, see the Gathering thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online