• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021/2022 ~ How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty244

Booting up
Skier
Man it sucks living in Ohio. I have a solid month at least before anything opens up in New York I’m sure.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
1637322431882.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just opened my Slopesquad to log my two days in and realized the last time I skied.

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 9.49.37 AM.png

Last year was a good year for me on snow, and we were in the same place with our ski day count.
Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 9.54.33 AM.png

Last Friday was day 2, Mammoth chalky bumps all day long lookers left of chair 23.
Wish we had some snow in the forecast but at least I have two days, many have none.

Last edited:

Mister Tea

The skier formerly known as Walt
Skier
Nothing to report so far, and won't be for a while, but the goal is `100 days - last season was 103 at only two resorts due to travel restrictions.

This season's goal is 100 days at 30 different ski areas. My previous record was 29 ski areas -which would have been 30, but I opted to go back to Alta instead of running up the count.

Still nothing to report, but soon.

In light of the resurgence in the pandemic I'm probably not going to fly anywhere this season or attempt to go to Canada, so make that 25 resorts instead of 30. 100 days is non-negotiable.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
17 (part) days, this one almost bell to bell - yikes. Two inches of fresh. (@Noodler also there, lotsa skis too.)

Man, first big time demo day ( national brand reps/Christy's/Loveland Basin sponsored), first of these in almost two years, for me! Finally!

Tried out 10 pairs of skis, whew, a lot of runs for me this early: Volkl, Faction, Line, Head, Blizzard, K2.
Many surprises, some to the good, some not so much. (Just so much fun.)

Last edited:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
17 (part) days, this one almost bell to bell - yikes. Two inches of fresh. (@Noodler also there, lotsa skis too.)

Man, first big time demo day ( national brand reps/Christy's/Loveland Basin sponsored), first of these in almost two years, for me! Finally!

Tried out 10 pairs of skis, whew, a lot of runs for me this early: Volkl, Faction, Line, Head, Blizzard, K2.
Many surprises, some to the good, some not so much. (Just so much fun.)

17? Wow, just wow. You've already lapped me a couple times over...
However, I skied over 30K yesterday and got on 14 skis. What's crazy is that I actually skied one of those skis for 6 laps (which I normally would never do at a demo). What ski did I like so much that I skied it for 6 laps? Do you remember what I told you? ;)

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
However, I skied over 30K yesterday and got on 14 skis. What's crazy is that I actually skied one of those skis for 6 laps (which I normally would never do at a demo). What ski did I like so much that I skied it for 6 laps? Do you remember what I told you? ;)
Inquiring minds want to know (lol)

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I hate you guys. So much.
I just wanted you to know it.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1637551346971.png

Keystone with the wife, 3 kids, sister in law and niece. Very crowded and firm. We need snow. Going to get some new boots tomorrow. My current boots are close to 15 years old. Looking forward to seeing how new boots affects my skiing.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
View attachment 149053
Keystone with the wife, 3 kids, sister in law and niece. Very crowded and firm. We need snow. Going to get some new boots tomorrow. My current boots are close to 15 years old. Looking forward to seeing how new boots affects my skiing.
I've skied at Keystone most (11 times) but never on a Sunday. So did you go on Sunday? And how crowded was it, if so, compared to other days, including on Saturdays, if you've been both weekend days?

Last edited:

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Blizzard Thunderbird R15 WB. Of course it was the narrowest ski at the demo (other than the Atomic G9 the rep let me "steal out of the back of his truck").
That would be Mike McQ. for Atomic, for many years - just such a nice guy.

And, drats, you didn't give me a chance to guess. I remembered you liked the Thunderbird Wide Body best of the test to that point, but had also thought you might have spent more than a few runs on those Head Titans, so wasn't sure which of the two to guess.

I'd love to see a list of the skis you tried, and of the ones you liked most besides the Blizzard. (Including about the Titans, and the 88 and 94 Enforcers, that you described some in another thread.) Always fun.
(And I'd wondered how many skis you got to try, since you were moving at such a steady pace whenever I saw you.)

Do you remember which ski I'd told you earlier was my favorite for the first half or so of the day?
Well, that (in two different lengths) turned out to be the biggest surprise for me and favorite ski of the day, even though I had been forewarned that might happen. A good friend in the biz had said that particular ski was a big deal now, something to seriously consider a size down for moguls and off piste (and to me, for steeps also); so I maybe shouldn't have been so surprised. But I still could not have predicted how much I'd like it, and how much it had apparently changed. It saved the day for me.

(Sorry for the thread drift.)

Last edited:

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've skied at Keystone most (11 times) but never on a Sunday. So did you go on Sunday? And how crowded was it, if so, compared to other days, including on Saturdays, if you've been both weekend days?
Skied both Sat and Sun. I’d say probably a little more crowded Sun. Lots of people to put on just a few runs. I’m sure that start of T-giving break has a lot to do with it. I’ve found in the past that Sun is usually a little less busy that Sat.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
That would be Mike McQ. for Atomic, for many years - just such a nice guy.

And, drats, you didn't give me a chance to guess. I remembered you liked the Thunderbird Wide Body best of the test to that point, but had also thought you might have spent more than a few runs on those Head Titans, so wasn't sure which of the two to guess.

I'd love to see a list of the skis you tried, and of the ones you liked most besides the Blizzard. (Including about the Titans, and the 88 and 94 Enforcers, that you described some in another thread.) Always fun.
(And I'd wondered how many skis you got to try, since you were moving at such a steady pace whenever I saw you.)

Do you remember which ski I'd told you earlier was my favorite for the first half or so of the day?
Well, that (in two different lengths) turned out to be the biggest surprise for me and favorite ski of the day, even though I had been forewarned that might happen. A good friend in the biz had said that particular ski was a big deal now, something to seriously consider a size down for moguls and off piste (and to me, for steeps also); so I maybe shouldn't have been so surprised. But I still could not have predicted how much I'd like it, and how much it had apparently changed. It saved the day for me.

(Sorry for the thread drift.)

We should continue this discussion in a new thread focused on the LL demo day...

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Skied Copper today, Tuesday, their second day, me on first chair for the public. Got crowded fast. Keystone crowded. But with hoards of racers - I was told there were two large race camps of about 100 young skiers each from back East, plus their families, in addition to local clubs, and some national teams, including the Italian Alpine team, over on the B Lift (where at least a super G course and a slalom course were going simultaneously on different slopes, as was the case last year also). But as yet, no B Lift open to the public.

For opening day, Monday, Ptarmigan run was opened for all c. 5,000 folks who showed up, I was told by staff. Wow. (And there was a brief rope drop on CDL #20 under the Exelerator Lift also.)

But today, the public got only one run, Main Vein, and one lift, and shared it with the racers doing their free skiing between training sessions on the upper mountain central and both upper and lower mountain east. The snow was great, on that one run.

Guess I'll wait a while before I go back, till after Thanksgiving weekend, maybe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online