• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Taos Mini-Gathering - Date Poll Added

For those planning to attend, which week would you prefer for a Taos Gathering?

• Jan 28 - Feb 4, 2023

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Feb 4 - Feb 11, 2023

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Has all of SkiTalk suddenly retired? Our demographics must have aged up.;)
I have tried, with little success, to talk my husband into “letting” me retire at the ripe old age of 34. What the hell did I marry a surgeon for if not to be a lazy piece of garbage? “No dear,” he says. “We need to pay off my student loans first.” I might be in my 40s before that is done.

In all seriousness WFH has provided a lot more location flexibility for me and opportunities to make random trips and lunchtime ski runs, that’s for sure.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Working on a plan/daydream for a skibatical next winter. Do we have a lock on when this most plausibly is?

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Ta. I'd read the runes that way but wondered if my end of Jan was off.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
It might be good if this trip happened the week of Feb 5-10.

There will be a large group of SkiDiva people there Jan 28-Feb 4, so instructors will get used up fast with two large groups there at the same time.

Any chance of moving the dates a week later?
I'd sure love that because I'd stay and do two weeks in a row ogsmile.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It might be good if this trip happened the week of Feb 5-10.

There will be a large group of SkiDiva people there Jan 28-Feb 4, so instructors will get used up fast with two large groups there at the same time.

Any chance of moving the dates a week later?
I'd sure love that because I'd stay and do two weeks in a row ogsmile.
That would line up with the previously expressed desire to move things a bit later into the season for snowpack reasons. Jan 28 - Feb 4 does that only by the very slimmest of margins.

Eh, instructors get used up fast by civilian trip groups no matter the week.
Divas go through a lot of instructors fast, is what I've heard. Personally I'd like to be able to count on, you know, fresh ones.

James

Out There
Instructor
Lol. Headed for 2 Gatherings in 2 weeks.
What’s a large group of Divas, 40?
It is a ski area.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I second moving Taos later one week. Feb 5th seems to be an ideal date, a little better chance for snow cover and not too close to the National Gathering. Since the NEG is for 3 days and not a week, seems there should be more flexibility for dates. I agree April is getting iffy as global warming goes on. I love spring skiing and would enjoy going west for a national gathering in the spring. For NEG, I feel Feb.-March are the best months for conditions, but its always a crap shoot so you can't win with Mother Nature no matter what you do. Natural snow goes first in NEG, so a little earlier should mean more open skiable terrain.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Avoid Fabio at all costs.
06e6645f-8ea1-4f51-b728-f8c1d94445a1-2060x1236.jpeg

If the Utah Gathering is going to be Feb. 25th - March 4th, and the Taos gathering is Feb. 4 - 11, that would leave 2 full weeks between that and Utah.

That's enough, right?

People from sea level who get messed up by altitude (me) would acclimate to it during the Taos week. I've heard it lasts a while before dissipating, so theoretically it would still be in place for Utah.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Avoid Fabio at all costs.
06e6645f-8ea1-4f51-b728-f8c1d94445a1-2060x1236.jpeg

If the Utah Gathering is going to be Feb. 25th - March 4th, and the Taos gathering is Feb. 4 - 11, that would leave 2 full weeks between that and Utah.

That's enough, right?

People from sea level who get messed up by altitude (me) would acclimate to it during the Taos week. I've heard it lasts a while before dissipating, so theoretically it would still be in place for Utah.
Eh, I’d say a smallish group of Divas and friends so far for the end of Jan week. It’s looking like the end of Feb will be a more official Diva week, which means some of the usual early season crew will likely opt to postpone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online