• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bring a Trailer and Cars & Bids Appreciation Thread

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
1996_volkswagen_harlequin_golf_16275213439e2a6c81fIMG_0069.jpeg

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1996-volkswagen-harlequin-golf/

They couldn't give these away when new.
Wow. I almost like it. Sort of. Maybe.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was lucky enough in my teens in the'60s to go to F1, Can-Am, Trans Am, Indy Car, F-5000, 24/12/6 hr endurance races, AMA road racing, etc.
There's nothing like the sound of an 8 liter Can-Am, 917 Porsche, or a Matra V-12.
Only one era that I despised to be at races was Formula 1 around 1999-2000. They revved to near 20,000 rpm, and the sound was so earsplitting it is the only time I have ever reached for earplugs....it was actually painful.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier

Already almost double its $620,000+ MSRP.

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
Only one era that I despised to be at races was Formula 1 around 1999-2000. They revved to near 20,000 rpm, and the sound was so earsplitting it is the only time I have ever reached for earplugs....it was actually painful.
The racing team that I wrench for had a client with an ex-Thierry Boutsen Williams-Renault V-10, which was fettled by a couple of factory mechanics. We had to ask them to warn the rest of us in the garage before they started it - guys would literally jump and drop tools from the noise when they lit it off.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
$630K for the trailer.

The Ford GT stayed at $1,220,000, met the reserve and sold.

A lot of interesting auction results.

Reserve Not Met on the 2000 Landcruiser, at $27K plus amazed me. $29K with the buyer’s premium. Knowing that vehicle, I was blown away. It’s not a great model year for the truck.

Actually, surprised, high and low, on many, many auctions. Have not been watching a lot as of late. Will have to tune in more often!

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Speaking of surprises, on the high side, as an Audi fanboy I've been watching the current auction on an '07 mugello blue RS4 with 48k miles which looks to be in great condition and completely stock. Current bid is $45k. I bought my mugello blue '07 RS4, which also had about 48k miles at the time, and which had a number of expensive modifications done to it, two years ago for $40k. Who knew an Audi could be an investment, rather than a money pit!?

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Speaking of surprises, on the high side, as an Audi fanboy I've been watching the current auction on an '07 mugello blue RS4 with 48k miles which looks to be in great condition and completely stock. Current bid is $45k. I bought my mugello blue '07 RS4, which also had about 48k miles at the time, and which had a number of expensive modifications done to it, two years ago for $40k. Who knew an Audi could be an investment, rather than a money pit!?

Pretty much every used car has gone up in value recently. I can sell my Suburban to Carvana for what I paid 45k miles ago.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pretty much every used car has gone up in value recently. I can sell my Suburban to Carvana for what I paid 45k miles ago.
The problem is, what will it cost to replace it?

While we paid a little more for the SS SkiTalk than I would have liked, trust me, someone who comes from the industry, that was very difficult, we also got a similar amount more for the SS Pugski when we sold that so it was net zero increase.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
All y'all are talking small potatoes. This is the BAT auction that should be on the SkiTalk radar:

I mean, how can you not love this?

1625633346e458b1eefe3bdccUnimog-Exterior-95-e1628173453209.jpg

Sponsor