• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dominator wax from now on!

dcoral

Putting on skis
Skier
Last weekend I tried Dominator FFC 2B wax (10-25F, New Snow, max iron temp 130C) at Mammoth, this time waxing on my own, and it seemed to perform just as good, or better than anytime I had a shop do a race tune (as far, as I can remember).

I also bought some of their Legacy paste waxes to try out (I was waiting for the recommended Pro-Glide applicator to arrive).

They have one of the most interesting technical guides on waxing I have ever come across for available for download from their website. Highly recommended reading!

Dominator founder and technical director Thanos has been amazing at answering any email questions too.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
I think it's 120c maximum.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
For FFC 2B it's 130C (labeled on the package). I also asked technical director Thanos, and he says he has his iron always set at 130C except for the extreme cold snow waxes.
You are right. That wax is quite hard. I have been using the FFC 2B in paste form, so no heat needed!
266 F, so don't spend too much time with that iron! Keep it moving! Keep in mind, that is the Maximum iron temp. You can still apply at 250 F 120c.
The FFC 2C is hard as a whores heart, so yes, you need heat then! Scrape while still a bit warm. Cool then brush like crazy!

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online