• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Final season for ASRA Skiracer.com ?!

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
IMG_1025.JPG
Word is that this will be the last season for the American Ski Racing Alliance :( - or at least under the management of the Foys.

ASRA ( skiracer.com ) has been the counter culture racing scene in the northeast for decades. Offering Masters level competitions with a sign up on the day of the event accessibility, the circuit has certainly furthered non-FIS USSA racing in adults and children alike.

Some of their key innovations are grouping individuals into classes as well as age groups, raffles to all finishers and offering options such as purchasing your own seasonal bib. In recent years while numbers have to declined, there has been a influx in college participation from the USCSA ranks and encouraging more never ever's to give a ski racing a try.

Let's hope that a white knight finds the series in short order.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
O
Hope there's a solution. Ski racing needs all the inclusiveness it can get.
Love the Mikaelaish way she wears the buff!

IMG_1442.PNG

Hahahaha.... we actually have her meeting Nina Loeseth at the Killington World Cup to thank for this trend.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nina has been doing good this season. Lots of luck to her. But not too much. I keep my fingers crossed for Emelie Wikström in the Zagreb SL today, hoping she can make two good runs. Also curious to see if Frida has gotten her set-up sorted. However Mikaela is untouchable unless she makes a [serious] mistake. Start in ... 1:15 or so.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Be a shame to see it disappear. Some of the ASRA folks come up for the easternmost races for the NY Masters series. I've been tempted a couple of times to try one, but a 4-5 hour drive to race has always been a deterrent.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
@Brian Finch
This thread recalls some fine days of racing/skiing with the ASRA groups in the Pocono area. The Elk Mountain event you posted above has been the unofficial kick off to local racing, hard to think that ASRA may cease to exist. While I no longer race, I do ski with members of the Mack (truck) Ski Team who are dedicated to racing, it's fun to ski with those making racing turns. If memory serves me, you grew up in the Pocono area and probably spent some time with the race program.

Hope somebody steps up and continue the tradition.

Sponsor

Staff online