• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fischer RC4 CT 170cm vs 175cm

Magikarp

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm 173cm tall / 185lbs+/- heavy. For carving I have a Fischer RC4 SC 165cm and a Rossi Hero Elite Plus 168cm, both of which I'm happy with.

I've always been interested in the "mid radius" carving skis like the Fischer RC4 CT, Head E Race, and Stockli WRT. Probably going to stick with Fischer as I've liked all their skis I've used/owned.

In the CT, the 170cm has a 15m radius and 170cm has a 15.5m radius, which doesn't seem like much difference to me. Is it just personal preference at that point as I'm feel either could work?

I'm leaning towards the 170cm for more versatility on and off piste. The seems more focused for speedier skiiers at my stats, which I don't need a lot of to have a good time.
Capture RC4.PNG

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I would got for the longer one. More of a difference and won't be any less better for off-piste.
Actually I would get neither, 65 mm is pretty narrow and I have wide feet, but if you have skinny boots go for it. Stockli SX is a nice looking ski; just say'n.

BTW I have an older pair of 165 cm, 13-m Fischer SCs that I love. I'm back up to 154 lbs now.

Sponsor

Staff online