• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help me find a carving ski

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, I have only had my blaze out on a mixed condition day. I do know a woman who skis her blazes on everything including groomers but I would consider her an advanced skier.

I have been on a pair of Blaze 106 the past four days. Even with over 4' of new snow, I am beginning to feel the requirement of improved suspension on the groomed on the way back to the lift. Taking out my M6 tomorrow.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They are a fun compliant ski but I just don't feel like I am carving with them. Possibly too long at 165mm and not stiff enough for what I am trying to accomplish. Wouldn't a shorter more narrow ski help quicken my progression or am I wrong thinking that?
I ski the V76 in 165cm here in CO for anything 3” or less of new snow. I’m 5’6” 135 lbs and have absolutely no problems carving on them. I run a 1 degree base and 3 degree side and do not detune tips or tails. I’ve found the V76 to be a really fun, narrow all mountain ski which is easy, forgiving, great in the bumps and capable carver. No it’s not a Stockli or Kastle and doesn’t have that refinement but you should be able to get them to carve easily. I agree with trying to refine your carving technique before investing in a new ski. The V76 should be able to do everything you’re looking for in a ski.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sign up for a private or get a friend to join you to make it a semi-private at Tenney next year. As long as prices don't change too much and the instructor roster stays the same, I think a 2.5 hour was less than $300 with Dan Egan this year.

TS
Peppermint

Peppermint

Trying to Improve
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sign up for a private or get a friend to join you to make it a semi-private at Tenney next year. As long as prices don't change too much and the instructor roster stays the same, I think a 2.5 hour was less than $300 with Dan Egan this year.
Thank you to all who responded. After giving it some thought, I will keep the Libertys and focus on lessons next year.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thank you to all who responded. After giving it some thought, I will keep the Libertys and focus on lessons next year.
NY Ski3 (Belleayre, Gore, & White Face) all offer season long adult clinic at a very very affordable rate. The resorts might be outside of your driving range. Perhaps mountains around you have those offering as well.

In my experience, consistency is the key to improvement. In my opinion that it's better to ski with a competent level 2 instructor for 10 weekends, than skiing with amazing ski instructors (Deb Armstrong, and others) for a few days. But if your schedule doesn't allow that, then for sure go with privates the best you can.

Sponsor