• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Heritage Labs FL 105

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ha! I've been sending him at least one message per week since he first hinted at these offerings.

We are close. As per his last Tech email, he is going to offer either the RC85 175cm or RC95 180cm. Or maybe both!
Can you upload that tech email here? I joined the mailing list late :( heard there is some news about the ST120s on it.

Also, I'd get an RC85 175cm. Any ideas on what the radius would be?

salvatore

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can you upload that tech email here? I joined the mailing list late :( heard there is some news about the ST120s on it.

Also, I'd get an RC85 175cm. Any ideas on what the radius would be?
Can I do that? Or maybe you could pm me your email address and I'll forward it to you?

No idea about the radius, I just hope it is as long as possible.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Can I do that? Or maybe you could pm me your email address and I'll forward it to you?

No idea about the radius, I just hope it is as long as possible.
Appreciate it!

I do like the 21.8m turn radius for the 182...but.... hmmmmm thinking something in the 17-19 range would be nice for Tahoe low tide

James

Out There
Instructor
Assuming they work out the flex and produce them. Reading between the lines, they were just way too stiff planks. Hard to see how one can be overly enthused over such a thing.

Chewski

Booting up
Skier
Assuming they work out the flex and produce them. Reading between the lines, they were just way too stiff planks. Hard to see how one can be overly enthused over such a thing.
The change in flex was the unintended affect of adding tpu sidewalls. These have not been in any other HL skis yet, but was an attempt to add more suspension/dampness to what are the lightest and narrowest skis in the lineup so that they match the feel of their larger brethren. Turns out they make the ski way stiffer. I bet the fall production run will likely use the normal sidewall materials and/or change the core profile slightly to achieve the stated intent of fl105-like flex, which is perfect for me at 180lbs. As it turns out there are a few 200+ lb'ers on tgr that loved the extra stiffness, but was specifically cautioned against for us in the fat (or skinny? But not too skinny) part of the bell curve

Last edited:
TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
IMG_5933.jpeg

rc85 • r99 comp • fl 105

IMG_5934.jpeg

*brakes will be fixed on 85z before skiing; needed to test DIN

Sponsor

Staff online