• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How did you find SkiTalk.com?

• EpicSki

Votes: 183 65.8%
  • TGR

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • The SkiDiva

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Other skiing based forum (AlpineZone, SeniorSkiing, ect)

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Google Search

Votes: 50 18.0%
  • Other search engine (Bing, DuckDuckGo, ect)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Friend/Referral

Votes: 17 6.1%
  • Other, please add in a post.

Votes: 13 4.7%
  • Saw someone wearing Pugski swag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I think someone on the staff got drunk and sent me an email. I'm sure they regretted that, and the hangover, the next day.

Pugski.com found me.

Yes, this! Or, a little birdie told me.

The skier formerly know as Gaper Boy hit me up on Facebook one night a few years ago asking me my opinion on a new ski forum option. Told them I though standard web forums were a dying mode of communication, but there would be some success for the next few years until mobile platforms replace them entirely. Typing this on my computer right now FWIW hahahaha..

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
When asked for my expert opinion on technical issues on another local forum that I post I realized that for someone who skis a ton there was so much more that I needed to learn. A friend over there recommended Pugski as a community for great ski reviews. Found a great collection of diehard Winter obsessed fans so I decided to stay and play.

realevergreen

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Just out of curiosity, how did you originally find Pugski,com? If it was from a search engine...what were you looking for? Also, please share any fun and unique anecdotes.
Tricia is one of the most friendly and welcoming person that I've ever "met" in my life. And who could doubt Phil's interest in skiing? I appreciate all the work that people have done on Pugski. Sometime I hope to meet some of you in person. As for Epic, I also appreciate the work that was done there. I didn't leave them; they left me. But, even before that ended, I was happy to see this website because I would like to be loyal to a ski site, and Pugski makes it easy to be so. SC

Last edited:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I recall that I was pissed about how Phil and Tricia were let go from Epic (an epic fail if ever there was), and I was an early inhabitant here, while still retaining dual citizenship and spending some time on Epic. It became clear after a while that I was spending more time here.

This plus a little bit of frustration with those remaining at Epic that they just couldn't see how quickly the end would come when it came. The number of times I got in arguments around " this site is so valuable Vail will never pull the plug on it". Anyway turns out that letting Phil & Trish go was the best thing for all of us.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia is one of the most friendly and welcoming person that I've ever "met" in my life. And who could doubt Phil's interest in skiing? I appreciate all the work that people have done on Pugski. Sometime I hope to meet some of you in person. As for Epic, I also appreciate the work that was done there. I didn't leave them; they left me. But, even before that ended, I was happy to see this website because I would like to be loyal to a ski site, and Pugski makes it easy to be so. SC
That's a heck of a first post. I hope its not your last.

I've been humbled by comments in this thread.
Thank you all for helping make Pugski a great place to talk about skiing.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The above is fact. @Tricia was so friendly and welcoming the first time we met years ago at ABasin that she knocked me on my ass shortly after getting off the lift.
If you cross me again, I'll knock you on your ass again! :snowball:

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
There might have been a text message. :rolleyes:

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For me it was just a natural evolution

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
"Why, what did you hear?", "Were there witnesses?" and "I cannot confirm nor deny" are my top three.
"I do not recall" is very popular

I found Pugski via the end at epic which I found late in the game and the people/skiers here seem real so.
I checked out TGR but they're too, well, TGR how's that?

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Phil left some hints on Epic during the time when things were getting weird over there. (about a year and a half before they really got weird over there)

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
I came over from Epic in Jan 2016, which I rarely visited.

Against the Founders' better judgment, they accepted me. About a month later, @Tricia started the "Let's talk about bourbon" thread and I knew I'd found my home.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I came over from Epic in Jan 2016, which I rarely visited.

Against the Founders' better judgment, they accepted me. About a month later, @Tricia started the "Let's talk about bourbon" thread and I knew I'd found my home.
We know how to kill a bottle of bourbon.
Or shall I say, We know how to do right bit a bottle of bourbon.
:rocks::rocks::rocks:

(I mean, who wouldn't love a site with all these après emojis?)

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
What you really need is a flask riding a lift emoji. Or a flask gondola emoji. Meaning the whole gondola is a flask. If I had any technical skills I would make one, but I don't. And it's also possible I'm at Monday happy hour.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
About 6 weeks after you launched, I was searching for something. A ski review of some kind. Google hit Pugski. I took a look around. Joined. Now get rid of me. I dare ya. Ok, just kidding, I know you have your finger on the "ban" button!

Sponsor

Staff online