• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I’ve never tried downhill mountain biking but wouldn’t mind attempting it

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I took the Downhill 101 course at Northstar. It was fun.
418516_10151952987590018_514484729_n.jpg

You can see the whole album here.

@AmyPJ
I'm not sure what you mean when you say this.

They teach a ton of basic skills before taking you on the actual beginner course.
I found it extremely informative and helpful.
That’s assuming someone would actually take a course. My response was based on a person with zero experience hopping on a lift and riding a DH course.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I bet you don't have the guts to say that to her face? Around these parts thems fighting words. ;)
My grandparents actually lived in Phoenix for quite some time. Of course we always visited in...JULY... :roflmao:

Is there a thing about Phoenix that I don't know about?? I always wanted to MTB in Sedona so this would be perfect in my world..

I remember landing there once and one of the runways was washed out and I thought, isn't this the desert?! The start of my weather jinx....

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I would definitely invest in lessons from the beginning.
I would piggy back it to a trip to visit us :D
You could spend some time at Northstar doing their downhill 101 course and then we could do some single track, and hit the lake and...the possibilities are endless.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
You could spend some time at Northstar doing their downhill 101 course and then we could do some single track, and hit the lake and...the possibilities are endless.
Always more fun with friends! :) Especially experts in Bloody Caesars and Bloody Marys!

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Maybe we would just do trail riding then….
Any ski resort that does summer lift-served mtn biking will have mtn bike clinics. It's a good value to buy the package that includes lift/rental/lesson. Just like skiing!

The clinic will open your eyes to the technique used. Line choices, body positioning... You'll be amazed at the kind of "stuff" a bike can go over. :)

Riding a bike will never feel the same once you've done it! Go for it.

(it may totally ruin hiking though. I always look at a trail and think to myself "can I ride it?" ;) )

TS
Keys2Ski

Keys2Ski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Oh boy that would be some serious fun!! I’d have to leave Harold at home. Haha.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor

Staff online