• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I'm back baby

enuenu

Booting up
Skier
Skied about 6 days about 37 years ago, been snowboarding ever since. Love it. The surfing background a big influence.
I just bought a skiing rig and after 3 days enjoying the challenge of learning a new skill.
Intend on mixing it up from here on in. ⛷️

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@enuenu

great to see you here, hope info is useful and you share your insights, thoughts. Site is quite friendly with Phil and Tricia running it.

TS
enuenu

enuenu

Booting up
Skier
Ended up with Rossignol Black Ops 98 and Atomic Hawxs Magna 110S boots. Had to have the shell adjusted three times due to extra width in my right foot. These are wide fit boots but in hindsight, probably needed an even wider shell.

Loving the skiing experience. Making nice trenches with my downhill ski but controlling the uphill ski is an issue. Most online tutorials only talk about putting all the weight into a nicely angulated downhill ski.

However I'm finding you really do also need to bury the edge of the uphill ski some extent. Otherwise it just flaps around like an unsecured helicopter rotor.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
However I'm finding you really do also need to bury the edge of the uphill ski some extent. Otherwise it just flaps around like an unsecured helicopter rotor.
Yes. Either a bit of air under it, or enough weight on it to keep it tracking with the downhill ski. Some advocate a closer-to-equal split, but personally I don't like that (except for powder).

Sponsor

Staff online