• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Inner Boot Shell Overlaps the middle one

elerre97

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi! I'm facing serious trouble with my pair of Salomon Quest Max 120 ski boots. My problem is that when I buckle up my boots the inner shell overlaps the middle shell tearing the border apart and affecting the ski boot flex and performance. I've already had the shell heated and moulded to its original shape but the problem still appears. Any suggestion in how to fix this?

Thanks

Tobias

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
You may need to have it heated & curve the impact parts in to avoid this issue.

Any chance you can post a picture?

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Change the order of buckling and the strap closing. I do the strap 1st to hold it approx in place with the correct overlap, then do the buckles from toe to top, then re-do the strap. In my case it is because of extremely wide feet and high instep. Also: pull the tongue of the liner up so it is not crowding down into the overlap area.

TS
E

elerre97

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
This is the best picture I can get.

I've already tried that with no success. At first it was OK but by the end of the day it had returned to the shape it has now. Any other suggestion?

Thanks

Tobias

Attachments

• IMG_20180815_214818.jpg
    IMG_20180815_214818.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 53

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is the best picture I can get.

I've already tried that with no success. At first it was OK but by the end of the day it had returned to the shape it has now. Any other suggestion?

Thanks

Tobias
Might take a couple of tries to get the plastic to create a new memory.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Maybe try buckling it over a leg sized piece of pvc pipe and secure it with an old bike tube wrapped tighly around the boot and put it in the hot sun for an hour or two. Or wear it to the beach with the bike tube.

Sponsor

Staff online