• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did you ever try the Fischer Somatec boots with their large, for a ski boot, duck footed stance?
Years ago I think Dachstein? Had an adjustable heel to change the rail angle. (Pigeon to duck stance)
No, I've never tried Fischer boots. I had a pair of Dachstein boots in the 90s. Or maybe they were Koflach.

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Regarding toe pointing:

There have been various efforts to use sensors to visualize and better understand body movements in skiing, including this one from some experiments done with former racer Ivica Kostelic. Youtube video below (sensor stuff starts at 1:00).

Here you can visually see what Liquidfeet is describing of pointing the toes towards the inside of the body. In each of these turns, you can see the inside foot toes are pointed towards the inside of the body.

1683249232616.png

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Regarding toe pointing:

There have been various efforts to use sensors to visualize and better understand body movements in skiing, including this one from some experiments done with former racer Ivica Kostelic. Youtube video below (sensor stuff starts at 1:00).

Here you can visually see what Liquidfeet is describing of pointing the toes towards the inside of the body. In each of these turns, you can see the inside foot toes are pointed towards the inside of the body.

View attachment 202755

Amazing what technology can do these days.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Did you ever try the Fischer Somatec boots with their large, for a ski boot, duck footed stance?
Years ago I think Dachstein? Had an adjustable heel to change the rail angle. (Pigeon to duck stance)
Didn't Atomic have a similar model too? I think the difference was that the "rotation" to obtain the duck footed stance was done around the mid foot, instead than around the heel like the Fischers...but I might be wrong

James

Out There
Instructor
Didn't Atomic have a similar model too? I think the difference was that the "rotation" to obtain the duck footed stance was done around the mid foot, instead than around the heel like the Fischers...but I might be wrong
There’s a whole abduction thread going on.

TS
S

Smear

Getting off the lift
Skier

View attachment 202755
On the computer generated model it looks like he is doing a javelin turn... But not on the video.

Sponsor

Staff online