• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New To The Forum

CO Dreaming

1992, Snowbird on K2 710s
Skier
I started skiing when I as 19. I attended Colorado State University for a year and skied a number of Colorado mountains as well as Jackson Hole – where I had no right to be given my abilities at the time! I later spent two winters living and working in Vail and eventually became a competent, if not great, skier. After a few seasons out west, I wound up heading back east and have lived in New England ever since. In the 1980s and 1990s I was busy with a family and career and continued to ski, but not as often as I would like.

Now, I’m retired and have the time for skiing. I’m in pretty good shape and am still a competent, if not great, skier. One benefit of living in New Hampshire is that once you are a senior (age 65+), you can ski Cannon Mountain, weekdays, for free. For $39 you can purchase a “season pass”, a permanent ticket with your photo, and go right from your car to the lift. As it happens, Cannon Mountain is one of the most convenient mountains for me to ski as it is nearly exactly 100 miles away on Interstate 93. It’s an easy 90-minute run to what is about the best ski area in the state. (Yea, if you want something really challenging you have to go to Vermont and spend $100 a day – but why?)

So this year, with Covid trapping me in the house, I’ve been getting up to Cannon regularly. The weekday crowds are shockingly small and lift lines are non-existent. Some more snow would be good, only the trials with some snow making are open, but overall the conditions have been decent. February and March are still ahead and those are best months to ski anyway. I think by then conditions will improve and I am looking forward to a good season.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Glad you're here.
Your description would fit a lot of us, just change the names and locations.

Dr. Mark

Getting off the lift
Skier
Can't beat that sweet deal for a season pass! I hope you get a lot of use out of it the rest of the season. I'm at my home mountain so often now some people think I work there, but I found work interfered with my skiing.

TS
CO Dreaming

CO Dreaming

1992, Snowbird on K2 710s
Skier
Yea, the NH Cannon Mountain deal is pretty sweet. Somehow, I never even heard of it until I was 67 and when I heard it, I rushed to the mountain's web page to confirm it. This used to include Mt. Sunappee as well until the state sold the mountain to Vail. Now it cost $70 a day for a modest sized mountain. Oh well, I shouldn't complain and take the deal I have.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We were just at Cannon a couple of days ago.
537AC92B-A060-49BA-A383-B0CE06B15BAF.JPG 2F078B5D-11EA-4CEA-92DC-22D60809A74C.JPG C617BBE3-9C1F-4672-8180-70762D74E126.JPG

Sponsor