• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nordica Dobermann GP 140

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
I have an extremely wide forefoot (quad E), high arch, narrow heel, and have had a bone graft to my right calcaneus and arthroscopic surgery on my left ankle, half size length difference between feet—definitely hard to fit, so once I get a boot right, I ski it until it dies…

Recently it became necessary to replace my Salomon Falcon 10’s; these had worked very well with wider all mountain ski’s over the past decade, but I needed something a bit more responsive for the narrow on-piste carvers and race skis I am tending to use more frequently these days.

After trying a variety of boots styles by several vendors (Lange, Head, Technica, Dalbello), I ended up with a Nordica Dobermann GP 140. Start Haus in Truckee did a fantastic job getting the boots to fit and function correctly! They re-shaped my custom insoles, created some room over the 1st & 5th metatarsals, as well as adjusting the medial aspect of the boot tongues for a firm, snug, but not uncomfortable fit.

Much like the prior Falcon, I have been able to ski all day in them with no major issues. They offer a nice forward flex, good lateral stiffness, excellent ski control, tight heel pocket, and so far my feet have not been in pain or overly cold.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Not surprised that you went from the Falcon to the GP 140. I also was able to drop right into the Falcon and now ski the GP 140 too. I've really been impressed by the latest Nordica boots (I have the GPX 130 also).

Sponsor

Staff online