• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ongoing car dilemma

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Sorry for the AWD confusion on the Freestyle. Living in Northern N.E., I don't I've ever seen one that was not AWD! Learn something new every day!

TS
luliski

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry for the AWD confusion on the Freestyle. Living in Northern N.E., I don't I've ever seen one that was not AWD! Learn something new every day!
Living in California, I don't think I'd ever seen a Ford Freestyle (at least not that I'd noticed). Plenty of F150s around here, and smaller Fords, but when it comes to SUVs, I haven't noticed many Freestyles.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
As a mom who has spent 30 years now worrying about her daughter, I say give her a RELIABLE car, the Subaru. You'll sleep better. My daughter FINALLY replaced the car she got in college (used, our loan, no interest, took about a decade to repay, what with grad school and everything). I'm am so relieved! The last 40,000 miles I was so ready to just buy her one (even if she was well past the age where a parent should be funding anything), I'd be a nervous wreck every trip she took. She was, too, because why? She had so many breakdowns, ALWAYS at night, ALWAYS in the middle of nowhere, and always praying she had cellphone service. AAA was on speed dial. She's going to be busy enough with school, she doesn't need to be worrying about getting her car fixed for yet another $800 item. Trust me.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am located in the souther part of NY, just outside NC so I don;t know any mechanics in western NY.

My 2-cents: I don't see late model cars rusting so I don;t think that would be a problem with the Suby. WIth regular maintenance the CRV should go another 100,000+ miles.

My son has a 2006 CRV with about 150K.

Sponsor