• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pushing the boundaries--The extremes of backcountry skiing

TS
B

Bruno Schull

Getting off the lift
Skier
Oh, I'm not really upset...I'm just stirring the pot in a good natured way. What's funny is that I actually Googled the song and downloaded it--I liked it! I presume (but of course don't know) that the connection to the video might be the idea that every age finds it's own way, find's it's own lines, and so on. And I agree, one might expect something like death metal rock in a video like this, but Bonhomme, an IFMGA guide, father, sponsored athlete, and so on, is not that kind of "hey bro" freeride ski dude....even though the lines he skis are consequential, to say the least.

Carry on!!! All in good fun and the spirit of skiing love.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
While my preferred music is metal, it just doesn't work with skiing videos for me, regardless what kind of skiing it is. So this music actually works just fine with this video for me, even though I'm not fan of such music. As for skiing part goes, most of it doesn't look, at least through camera, all that bad, except for that stuffing themself through 1m couloir (that's pretty much only thing that I really hate with steep skiing and I always avoid it), but looking at face with marked line on his Instagram photo gives you slightly different idea ;) But what was really something that sent chills down my spine, was last part, where changing from skis to crampons in middle of that super steep traverse... I always avoid those super narrow couloirs, but sometimes you can't avoid changing from crampons to skis or vice versa in middle of steep face, and for me it's most frightening thing to do. But this one is beyond anything I can imagine doing myself.... I would have grab my ice axe, stay on skis, and called for rescue heli :ogbiggrin:

TS
B

Bruno Schull

Getting off the lift
Skier
Primoz, I agree. I'm much more an alpine climber and ice climber than skier, but, man, when I saw him stop to put on crampons, my whole body seized up. Sure, the camera angle might exagerate a little bit but, my God! I also liked his verbal expression, "Putain,", or, in translation, "F*ck!" An understatement. In any case, he was probably more confortable and secure in that position than I am half the time when doing moderate ice and alpine climbs. Their skill level is ridiculous.

Sponsor

Staff online