• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

S/Max 130 Carbon vs S/Max 130 Race

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
So i ve flagged this in another thread but thought it easier to ask this specific question separately.

I ve had issues with a liner on an early Smax 130 carbon. Salomon are happy to replace. The standard Smax fits me [post cooking] very well. I do ski in an undersize shell in whatever boots I use, but am now past skiing 92mm full on 'Lange Z type' plugs [or certainly not as a daily driver].

I know others have had no issues with the liner but my feeling is that on putting the boot on, because it's low volume, there is a lot of drag on the liner and we might well have the same issue again, essentially tearing the foam layers apart. Asking around widely it's not unknown.

So.. as clarified here the Smax race is essentially a 130 carbon, sized 1 shell down and with a thinner lace up liner. My assumption is that the liner is simpler and 'tougher' and is also a 'liner on first' boot.

My question really - does anyone have any comparisons on fit? Essentially - if the 130 carbon fits, is it likely that the race will?

Sponsor

Staff online