• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Equipment Should I get Fitted for clubs?

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I do wish I was properly fitted for my boots earlier. 1st year was in boots that were way too tight and made my feet go number within an hour. Second year was in a boot that was one size too big. It’s been 3 years since I was properly fitted and was thinking about going in for a checkup this offseason.

I’m should be starting up with a golf instructor in the next week or two. He’s also a fitter so I’ll be curious to see if he has anything to say about the clubs I’ve pieced together. If not I’ll probably look to do a fitting this summer.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes, the only caveat is around assuming the misalignment is fixed. Like I had a friend who shimmed up a boot for misalignment where he could turn one way a lot easier than the other. But then spent the summer doing yoga /pilates and core exercises to balance it out, then next ski season the misalignment was no longer there and so then needed to change the boot back
So it's a bit of a decision point to see if you can physically correct the misalignment vs living with it and compensating for it with equipment.
The point of this thread is that Missy has a trusted golf pro who has suggested that she has some physiology that could be helped with a club fitting.
You have not seen her hit balls, nor do you work with her.

I think its wise to listen to the golf pro that knows her anatomy and what she's working on.
If you're not going to take the advice of someone you're paying $$ to then why bother at all?

Example: My golf pro, who I have a ton of confidence in, insisted that I NOT go down the YT golf tips rabbit hole.
Paraphrasing - You're paying me to teach you golf. YT could mess up things that we're working on. If you want the YT golf pro then you're wasting your money with me.

Edit to add:
A good fitter, will be able to adjust the equipment as needed.
My pro is a well known club fitter, club builder, and club repair guy in our area.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online