• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Signature models that are still ...special?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
It may be that I'm not paying enough attention but it seems like in the past 2 seasons the signature model concept has faded from lineups.

Sure Atomic has the (Backland) Bent Chetler - but that's more of a continuance and exception that proves the rule. K2 have their 'Factory Team' designation but they're not really signature skis are they?

So...what are the signature models out there, and are they really special enough to stand out from the rest of the line? Are they special enough to stand out in the market segment?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Kastle has The FX95HP with Chris Davenport's signature on it and I believe that Griffin Post has a signature model. But I agree there are fewer and fewer athlete specific skis any more. 4FRNT had the Kye for Kye Peterson but he is with Moment now.

DonC

Squeezing into my stabilyx tights
Skier
So many dudes with skis named after them met unfortunate early deaths. Maybe it's seen as bad juju these days?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So many dudes with skis named after them met unfortunate early deaths. Maybe it's seen as bad juju these days?
Another thought, there are so many changes in athletes and sponsorships that its hard to dedicate a name to a ski.

Doeschna

Booting up
Skier
The whole Faction CT line is pretty sweet and I would say that the Bibby Pro has reached legend status.

Sponsor

Staff online