• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SL in Wengen

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So DH cancelled. But today the weather is good and SL is on the schedule. 2nd run in 45 mts.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Henriksen finally gets a win in the "real" hill. It is tricky.
Hargin did a solid performance today considering his previous season and what he's been trough.
Muhrer's bad back is back.
Chudonsky did a very good 1st...

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Really like that hill, agree that it is tricky. Lots of terrain. Second run set looked to be a fast one, a lot of fall line. Just watched some of it...on my phone.
HK is just so dialed in. I can see him just owning this discipline for a while. Even more so when he adds a bit of muscle mass. Hirscher is skiing great SL. I also think he is skiing within himself. I think he's got his focus on the overall, and that he's very pleased to pick up any podium points as they just keep piling up.
Not an accident that those three were on the podium today, on that hill.
I was pulling for DU alum Leif Haugen, who was in 2nd after the first run. Had and ugly looking run going on his second run before blowing up. The guy has speed. Hope he puts two together soon. He's not a kid.
In terms of the USA, I was glad to see Robby Kelly finish in the points. First ever. The young guys struggled today. Robby has always has jets, and this finish might be good. I think he's the fifth US man to score SL points this season, so that is some progress.
Choudunsky has had some really good moments. Hope we see more.
Interesting to see how much tighter the results are for the men, in terms of getting a second run, versus the women. A lot of guys are skiing good SL, but the handful at the top are SO much better and more consistent.
I was struck by that watching the second runs of the top ten first run finishers. The skiing of the guys who are always there is so solid, despite the hill, the set, the conditions and groove. HK, Hirscher, just great.
On to Kitz.

Sponsor

Staff online