• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Suicide-Six Resort is changing its name to Saskadena Six

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
The Ski Hill Formerly Known as Something We Don't Talk About

James

Out There
Instructor
Maniac’s Drop ?
Yeah, that’ll bring them in. ‘Leap’ would be even better.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The Ski Hill Formerly Known as Something We Don't Talk About
Hmm... I wouldn't call it "Something We Don't Talk About"... I think it absolutely does and should be talked about. Maybe a better joke name would be "The Ski Hill Formerly Known as Something That Isn't Good for Marketing a Ski Hill".

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Makes sense.

Awesome that they have a trail named backscratcher. That could be the new name of the whole ski area.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When I die, I plan to go to Purgatory and then Solitude, followed by Paradise (all 85 ski trails named such), finishing up at Heavenly.

The way Epic pass holders complain, they for certain are sinners at the hands of an angry God.

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
More like Deviled Eggs.

I have skied the resort when it was called Durango Mountain Resort. Not impressed. :ogcool:
Perhaps it would've skied betterer if it was called Purgatory. :huh:

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Kudos to them. Frankly just surprised such a stupid name has survived for so long.

I wonder what force motivated the change? Do they need to rebrand because one of the mega passes (Ikon/Epic) won't bring them in otherwise?

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
In an era where corporate names change on a regular basis "to reflect our new values", I think it's good business to change a tired old name, and, also trail names. I just hope that do improvements to the plant facilities to make sure people don't say... new name, same old, same old.

Reactions: tch

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
and if you ever ate scallops back in the day in FL, quite possibly you may have been eating some type of ray

Seen lots of that in NYC too.

The scallops make from rays tasted more like shark and the fibers run the wrong way.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So when I was a kid I managed to hall in a big skate on a freshwater rod at the national seashore. An English lady advised to use a cookie cutter to cut up the fins and cook them like….scallops. My mother was not interested in that experiment, so we threw it back.

Sponsor

Staff online