• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The NCL - excited, meh, or guarding our wallets?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
It is really, really hard to see this new crit league as anything other than fodder for USAian-style TV coverage, and fodder for fantasy sports betting. In other words, not terribly transformative of anything. But absolutely geared to fan-extractive financials.

Tell me why I shouldn't see it that way?

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think this quote

""I'm not planning on spending $10,000 of my own money suing people for an asset that's currently worth $0," Tase says."

Says almost everything about this league. I would watch, but then I also watch ski racing, so I must be in a very small sliver of the American viewing audience. As fun as it would be to see more cycling on TV, I don't see much chance that is successful.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I think this quote

""I'm not planning on spending $10,000 of my own money suing people for an asset that's currently worth $0," Tase says."

Says almost everything about this league. I would watch, but then I also watch ski racing, so I must be in a very small sliver of the American viewing audience. As fun as it would be to see more cycling on TV, I don't see much chance that is successful.

IM(h)O, TV/streaming talking-head programming derivatives and fantasy sports wagering have to be in the mix for any of the three crit leagues to even start being a thing.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January