• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Vail Resorts ends printed trail maps at all its locations

TS
jt10000

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
Well, I gotta agree with Vail on this one. You should NOT be consulting a phone or a map just as you are preparing to load the lift. That will result in mis-loads and lead to longer lift lines.
Yeah, it makes sense.

MikeW Philly

Getting off the lift
Skier
Well, I gotta agree with Vail on this one. You should NOT be consulting a phone or a map just as you are preparing to load the lift. That will result in mis-loads and lead to longer lift lines.

If it’s at all close to the front of the lines - 100% agree. There were a few posts out on reddit though about people getting yelled at in 5-10 minutes lines. Might be a new policy, time to adjust thing, but I don’t really think this is a real issue either. It’s not often I see people on their phone at front of line And never seen one while loading.

James

Out There
Instructor
Putting up just another sign to not do something isn’t very effective. It puts all the honus on emplyoees too to be the bad guy.
What’s important is not holding up the line, if you can do that and look up what you’re going to make for dinner, fine.

The big issue, is there is no line management, just people scanning tickets. The gates would be probably be better, and use people for line management.

Sponsor