• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your Most Memorable Chairlift Ride

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Another Northwest Classic Chair 6 (Campbell Basin Chair) at Crystal Mountain. 1,000' of pucker factor anywhere you go. Took this shot looking down over my shoulder. This was taken before it was wiped out by an avi and replaced.

This was the 1st real "Experts' Chair" I ever rode as a 13 year old kid who had never skied anything steeper than Wisconsin. There is even the obligatory skull and cross bones sign at the bottom. If I could only ski one chair, this one would be a very strong contender; a personal favorite.

campbell chair.jpg

Tom Inca

Booting up
Skier
Going up the Northwoods lift at Vail. My son's baby tooth comes loose. He puts in his hand and says, "Dad, I just lost a tooth!" A gust of wind blows it out of his hand and I see it float to the ground below.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Any chance you can get him to tell us the lottery numbers for tonight?

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
Another Northwest Classic Chair 6 (Campbell Basin Chair) at Crystal Mountain. 1,000' of pucker factor anywhere you go. Took this shot looking down over my shoulder. This was taken before it was wiped out by an avi and replaced.

This was the 1st real "Experts' Chair" I ever rode as a 13 year old kid who had never skied anything steeper than Wisconsin. There is even the obligatory skull and cross bones sign at the bottom. If I could only ski one chair, this one would be a very strong contender; a personal favorite.

View attachment 145626
Great chair. Riding this after learning in Wisconsin must have been terrifying. It is still puckering at times and I have ridden it plenty.
20180311_143150.jpg

From a ride I took with my daughter and a teammate after the No Bull slalom race. It doesn't nearly do it justice.

Sponsor

Staff online