• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Head Supershape e-Rally

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
I’ve skied it in everything from hard packed groomers to 5-10cm of fresh snow on top of scratchy icy base and it’s good in everything. It’s a reasonably heavy and stiff ski so it will plow through a bit of chop without much problem. More than 5 cm of fresh snow and I prefer my Rustler 9s.
Have you tried them in slush (or super soft 55 degree temp snow rather?...maybe not classic slush)

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you tried them in slush (or super soft 55 degree temp snow rather?...maybe not classic slush)
No - I just got them this season so no spring skiing yet

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
No - I just got them this season so no spring skiing yet
Tried them out today in the 55 degree snow...gets the job done, but not optimal. Volk Kendos were 5x better, but I'm sure many here could get the same experience from both, I'm just not there yet in very soft snow.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Rally is a wider carver with some versatility. If you want something that will work well in soft spring snow or more than a few inches of powder, look elsewhere. Like an all mountain ski with a width in the mid 80s to mid 90s.

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
The Rally is a wider carver with some versatility. If you want something that will work well in soft spring snow or more than a few inches of powder, look elsewhere. Like an all mountain ski with a width in the mid 80s to mid 90s.
Agree, thats why I used the Kendos (88) also

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
I'm 5'7" and weigh 165 lbs. I'm currently on 2015 Fischer Progressor 900's in 170, which I've consistently enjoyed. But I'll be 76 next season, and I'm slowing down just a bit. So I might be looking for something a bit (but just a bit) more versatile and maneuverable in my next ski. I know I can certainly ski the 170, but would the 163 be too short? I'm not really asking which would better, just how they would be different in feel, character, and capability. Oh, and I believe I would definitely get the Protector binding. Thanks.

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
Addendum: I did note what Phil & Tricia said about sizing in the video, which is why I'm considering the 163 as well as the 170.

Sponsor