• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Every home boot lab needs a boot press if you want to do any serious punches but they can be expensive, well over $1K (including adaptors). I was fortunate enough to come across an older press but it did not have the adjustability to access certain parts of the boot like the toe box due to the 8" bar and not having the two positions for the lower bar. @Tricia's father, a machine worker, to the rescue.

IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG

While it is not as clean as this...
BP7kit_1_thumb.jpg

We are very happy with the results and it will do the job.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
So much fun to see those pictures. I'm glad you included the last picture; before that it wasn't clear how the boot and the machine fit together.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, that was some major surgery. Well done. Have you taken it out on its maiden voyage yet? ;)
No, we are still in Michigan, when we get how, we will put it through it's paces but I have no concerns that it will function as designed.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Handheld bandsaw for the nosejob win!
It was the big floor table one that he designed and built himself was really the wining tool here. I will get a picture of the whole thing later on.
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Old school, stick welding with no gloves or sleeves!
But there is a fire extinguisher nearby which is smart.
Nice project.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My dad's name is Jack,(Jack of all trades) and at the age of 76, he's a retired excavator, machinist, and metal fabricator.
One of the things he was eager to show me is his lathe that he picked up in a "barter" deal so that he can bore the hole in his cannon barrels.

*This workshop is not OSHA compliant
IMG_0270.JPG

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Sweet!
Little sand blast, little paint, looks factory.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Old school, stick welding with no gloves or sleeves!
But there is a fire extinguisher nearby which is smart.
Nice project.
You probably won't be surprised to know that I rarely remember my dad wearing welding gloves growing up.
I do, however, remember having my own welding helmet so that I could putter in the shop with him without hurting my eyes.

I should take pictures of some of the other treasures in this shop, like the old Farm-all tractor, and too many other things to mention.

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Great stuff. Having zero mechanical aptitude I am blown away seeing what people can do with tools , and adapting to the the needs of the process.
I can't connect the dots and visualize and see it. I make myself feel better by thinking it's just that I am not mechanically inclined.

But I really think those that can are really a lot smarter than me!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
But I really think those that can are really a lot smarter than me!

Some are. Some aren't. And some been at it way longer than you have. But then, some never get it regardless how long they go at it.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
You probably won't be surprised to know that I rarely remember my dad wearing welding gloves growing up.
I do, however, remember having my own welding helmet so that I could putter in the shop with him without hurting my eyes.

I should take pictures of some of the other treasures in this shop, like the old Farm-all tractor, and too many other things to mention.
Looks familiar.... :)
DSC00576.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online