• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I want a grippy footboard

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Stock board is very slick and very bendy - thinking of either a leather top that the Zipfit can bite into or a marine nonskid tape (acrylic adhesive).

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Stock footboards are slick, bumpy intentionally with the raised ridges of the pressed in graphics. What you can't see is the waves in that slick surface.
IMG_20170110_150601.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Why not some insole foam? Not super grippy but somewhat grippy.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Why not a bit of double sided tape? Nothing too tacky needed really. Marine deck taping is so abrasive I'd image it would trash the bottom of your liner pretty quickly. You should see what it does to the knees of foul weather gear.

James

Out There
Instructor
I take it you don't slide liners in and out every time you ski?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Its sort of odd that the liners are sliding around. Most have rubberized bottoms... except intuition.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I take it you don't slide liners in and out every time you ski?

She does - and that is why the doublesided tape wouldn't work after the first 2 weeks.

The portion I taped above is the portion that has no pressure on it as she gets her foot in past the throat of the boot. It is only when her heel comes down that it will have friction enough to matter. At that point she's in.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Now that this problem has been resolved, I will say ... when I first read the thread title, I was thinking "footboard" as in the opposite of "headboard".

I'm now struggling with what emoticon should be added ...
:thumb: or :eek: or :bestday:

With all this confusion, probably best if I stay out of this thread!

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
Another option is to coat the boot board with a thin layer of epoxy and sprinkle sugar on it. After the epoxy dries, wash off the sugar with hot water.

Sponsor