• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I'm looking for something in a 105 - 110 cm ski for the occasional soft snow in MI but more for the 2 weeks I spend in the Rockies every year. While we all want powder the reality is it will be used in crud 90% of the time. I'm looking for decent float, stable at speed, crud and quick enough if I'm in trees.

I currently ski Head SS Rally in a 177 for those hard pack carving days. Stockli SR88 for my daily driver in a 186. I am north of 50, 250 during the coming ski season and I've shrunk down to 5' 11.5". I used to live in CO in my mid 30's and in my head I'm still that guy!

A few I've looked are the Ripstick 106, Enforcer 110, 100Eight, Kore 105, Shaggy's Ahmeek. As far as I can tell most reviewers are 1/2 my size so I'm not finding good reviews for me.

Any thoughts or personal experiences are welcome.

Shameless plug :D

https://www.pugski.com/threads/2017...cm-marker-baron-13-epf-touring-binding.12151/

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@PisteOff , might be able to help here too. Michigan dude with a good quiver. :)
Haven't been on in a few days....just saw this. A 105-110 for a big guy? Just off the top of my head I would say check out the DPS Alchemist Wailer 106 and the Moment Commander 108.....Armada Invictus 108, Renoun Citadel. I weigh in at 195 with no gear on. My fatter skis are more in the medium to stiff range with a pair of Soul 7's and Armada ARV 116's (basically the JJ 2.0). My son has a pair of DPS Foundation Wailers in 112. They are more of a medium to stiff flex where the Alchemist is stiff. @ChunderBlunder isn't big enough or strong enough to bend an Alchemist at cruising speed. I rarely get the fat skis going fast enough to wish they were stiffer. The exception being the Souls which have a definite speed limit. If I'm going fast I am on Renoun. The variable flex of the Renoun skis is a wonderful thing. I've got my eyes on the Citadel now.......

Last edited:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks but I am not looking for a dedicated pow ski. Won’t get used that much. Looking for a soft snow western mid fat that can be an all round player. That is why Inwas looking at the ones I listed.

Sponsor

Staff online