• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) 2021-2022 Europe Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
This is what I found on the Health ministry site, for entrance from the USA (and UK) for that matters:
https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/n...d=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto&tab=4

Once one is in; same rules for everyone applies.

We are now in the third round of jabs, for adults, time distance between second and third jab was 6, then 5 and now they are talking of 4 months. First and second rounds for children (I am due my third in a few days and sonny is due his second as well)

As for skiing :
-FFP2 is compulsory on all closed doors lifts, restaurants-all closed door spaces (along with super green pass) public transportation systems and so on
- Surgical mask is enough everywhere else (chairlifts, even bubbled ones which have their bubbles locked in the "open" position.
I simply do not bother switching. Wear FFP2 all the time when required. Lower it when skiing.
Keep clear of people as much as possible.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Yes, but coming to rest of eu, and hopefully us.
Hopefully not. 3-4 vaccine shots/year is insane unless you have no or a very compromised immune system. They were never designed to prevent infection which is what they’re being forced into.

Nobody

Skier
BTW there are other changes, non covid related, for skiers in Italy:
- compulsory civil liability insurance coverage when skiing
- No alcohol while skiing on the pistes, limits and fines, same as when driving.
- Helmets are now compulsory to wear until age 18.

Last edited:

Nobody

Skier
Yes. It is offered when purchasing a lift ticket. But one must require it.
Alternatively one can get one "privately" with an insurance company (just need to carry proof of it), usually something is included in say the home insurance (here it is called " the good family father insurance" and covers not only oneself but also the minors living g under the same roof).
I bought mine in conjunction with the season pass and is vid until September 2022 (thus will cover also summer activities, I hope, only hindrance I need to carry my season pass with me alm the time, even when skiing at another resort, which might complicate things at the gates). For next year I plan to get an on purpouse one (multisport, they are called) which usually is valid for one year and covers more activities.

TS
Cheizz

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
How does one get that? If you get the insurance w/ticket does it cover?
Mine is covered in my continuous travel insurance policy. Not linked to skiing specifically, but nonetheless covered. Whenever I'm abroad and engaged in sporty or touristy activities, I carry my travel insurance card.

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yes. It is offered when purchasing a lift ticket. But one must require it.
Alternatively one can get one "privately" with an insurance company (just need to carry proof of it), usually something is included in say the home insurance (here it is called " the good family father insurance" and covers not only oneself but also the minors living g under the same roof).
I bought mine in conjunction with the season pass and is vid until September 2022 (thus will cover also summer activities, I hope, only hindrance I need to carry my season pass with me alm the time, even when skiing at another resort, which might complicate things at the gates). For next year I plan to get an on purpouse one (multisport, they are called) which usually is valid for one year and covers more activities.
Does membership in an alpine club cover the insurance requirement? I usually join the Austrian Alpine Club’s UK branch (even thought live in the US and am a US national). I assumed that this was enough to be in compliance in all of the alpine countries.

TS
Cheizz

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Does membership in an alpine club cover the insurance requirement? I usually join the Austrian Alpine Club’s UK branch (even thought live in the US and am a US national). I assumed that this was enough to be in compliance in all of the alpine countries.
It probably is, but I would check your policy, just to be sure.

Nobody

Skier
Correct, please check your membership T&C. I am member of the Italian Alpine Club (CAI) and have also an insurance included in the membership, but that insurance T&C does not cover activities outside of those organised by the CAI.

Nobody

Skier
Let's all just hope that intercontinental travel will be possible next winter...

For those who are thinking of visiting Europe (more specifically: the Alps) next winter, here's some info on school holidays and when NOT to go (crowded, expensive). All this information is compiled by the Dutch Ski Federation.

Some things to consider:
The French only ski in France
The Italians only ski in Italy
The Austrians only ski in Austria
The Swiss ski in Switzerland and Austria
The Germans ski mostly in Austria
The Dutch mostly ski in Austria (75%)
The Belgians and Brits mostly ski in France

And here is a total graph of expected number of skiers per week for next winter:
View attachment 138155

Note that France has different Christmas holidays, compared to the rest of Europe. Therefore: the first week of January (1-8) is out of the French school holidays. Cheaper accommodation and fewer (French) crowds in that week in the major French resorts. For those of you who are planning Christmas in Paris and New Year and some skiing in - let's say - Megève... Go for it!

Just a translation of the legend (the less obvious ones):
Tsj = Chech Republic
Oo = Austria
Dui = Germany
Cheizz, I must challenge you on this.
Italians, especially those living on the borders with the other countries, do ski France, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia, mostly for single day ski trips. Austria is also preferred for weeklong vacation.
Germans do come to ski in Italy, mostly in the Dolomites but also here at my home mountain.
Speaking for myself, I mostly ski my home mountain but I have been in Slovenia , Austria and Switzerland in recent years (pre covid lock down, but I have been in Austria for a day of glacier skiing as late as last october)...

TS
Cheizz

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Sure, these are all generalizations. And the glaciers attract all nationalities in the fall, since nothing else is open by that time.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Seems like the Green Pass in Italy is just your CDC card. Note it’s now a “Super Green Pass” if you’re vaccinated. The Green Pass allows a neg test within 48 hr. Skiing now requires Super Green from what I see.

Maybe @Jacob or @Nobody has specific info on US travelers.
Dolomiti Superski requires a Green Pass QR code registered daily on their app or website. Possibly also at point of sale in order to ride the lifts. No Qr codes on CDC cards. NY is not listed with VAMS. May be able to use the Excelsior pass, haven't tried yet. Our vendor assures us we can take care of it on the ground in Italy. Would really like to know what's what before traveling.

James

Out There
Instructor
Dolomiti Superski requires a Green Pass QR code registered daily on their app or website. Possibly also at point of sale in order to ride the lifts. No Qr codes on CDC cards. NY is not listed with VAMS. May be able to use the Excelsior pass, haven't tried yet. Our vendor assures us we can take care of it on the ground in Italy. Would really like to know what's what before traveling.
I don’t see that you can get that from the US, but it’s ridiculously hard to tell. I would say you can’t, so get it there. I would try to get a printed version also.

Looks like you need negative test, your CDC card, and fill out the EU digital passport locator before landing in Italy.
Seems that they’ll take pcr test within 48 hrs or antigen test within 24 hrs as of now.

Some English info-

US Embassy-

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah right now we need a test to go and a test to come home.

We flew to the BVI back in May and had to test before, immediately upon arrival in Tortola and then quarantine for 4 days and test again on Day 5. Had we stayed more than a week we would have had to test again 3 days before coming home. Fortunately all our tests were negative and quarantining on a sailboat was not a problem.

We did buy extra insurance in case we tested positive and had to quarantine, as in Italy that would be at our own expense.

Nobody

Skier
Sure, these are all generalizations. And the glaciers attract all nationalities in the fall, since nothing else is open by that time.
Well, I must admit that glacier skiing, in summer and fall, means "business" for me ( either GS training - oh I forgot that I have been to L2A, France, in summer 2020, for GS training- or technical skiing refresh), not "pleasure".
Worth trying to contact Dolomiti Superski directly.
BTW, while looking for another tidbit of info (DS is now in partnership agreement with Ikon, e.g. Ikon owner can ski the Dolomites using their Ikon pass with no extr charge for up to 7 days) I found what they specify for non EU health pass owners, check it out:

Nobody

Skier
Well, I must admit that glacier skiing, in summer and fall, means "business" for me ( either GS training - oh I forgot that I have been to L2A, France, in summer 2020, for GS training- or technical skiing refresh), not "pleasure".
Worth trying to contact Dolomiti Superski directly.
BTW, while looking for another tidbit of info (DS is now in partnership agreement with Ikon, e.g. Ikon owner can ski the Dolomites using their Ikon pass with no extra charge for up to 7 days) I found what they specify for non EU health pass owners, check it out (same section of the Ikon pass)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online