• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 TV coverage

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
What will Peacock be covering this year?
Spring classics?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What will Peacock be covering this year?
Spring classics?
This continues to be an area of profound confusion for at least this viewer.

First there was NBC Sports. With no transparency or instruction, that gradually morphed into NBC Sports Gold with its own new app and subscription channel and set of "benefits". Then there was a period of many months last fall where NBC Sports Gold disappeared from the map. Gradually it emerged that it had all morphed once again into "Peacock", with yet another app and subscription model.

The other day I looked on Peacock and saw essentially NO fresh content on cycling.
And NOW all of a sudden I'm getting a flurry of emails from "NBC Sports Gold" - which I thought was extinct - trying to get me to use it to watch bike racing.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This continues to be an area of profound confusion for at least this viewer.

First there was NBC Sports. With no transparency or instruction, that gradually morphed into NBC Sports Gold with its own new app and subscription channel and set of "benefits". Then there was a period of many months last fall where NBC Sports Gold disappeared from the map. Gradually it emerged that it had all morphed once again into "Peacock", with yet another app and subscription model.

The other day I looked on Peacock and saw essentially NO fresh content on cycling.
And NOW all of a sudden I'm getting a flurry of emails from "NBC Sports Gold" - which I thought was extinct - trying to get me to use it to watch bike racing.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
And now it's BACK to Peacock. This is like the shell game, where coverage is the pea.

1624739724580.png

Sponsor

Staff online