• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 ~ 16th Annual at A-Basin in May Event

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Any interest?

From new messages tacked on last year's thread....
I just realized it was time to start shopping for the perfect Mother's day card as the holiday is right around the corner. I seem to recall that there's something else usually going on, but I'm having a terrible bout of forgetfulness.

The traditional event isn't happening in the traditional way this year (I'm talking about A-Basin, not the Hallmark holiday). Phil and Tricia are going to the Rendezvan in Bachelor instead this year.

But a handful of us New Englander's are discussing coming west for a last bout of spring skiing anyway. It's 90% likely I'll be in Colorado the first week in May, dragging a couple of others with me.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are waving the white towel for long distance travel. Is Mammoth a consideration for those lookign to travel? We would be open to that.

TS
mdf

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Mammoth is my backup plan if my co-conspirators back out. They don't want to go that far.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The fam is considering a-basin. Depends if the bird will still be open at that point.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mammoth is my backup plan if my co-conspirators back out. They don't want to go that far.

Any decisions? I'm sure many Colorado folks would love to get together. I'd love to meet up for a day or two at A-basin and/or Mary Jane.

There's a pretty nice storm this week. Conditions should be good the first week of May. Here are some pics from A-basin Friday:

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And, don't forget about MJ. Here's a little video where you can see the great bump lines and uncrowded runs on a Friday, May 7th last year:

I think the snowpack is slightly better this year than last, at least at the Jane. Maybe slightly worse at A-basin, but should still be good.

Long term forecast shows temps not getting too far above average over the next two weeks, and probably another cold front moving through:

1649970973500.png

Reactions: Tex
TS
mdf

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I booked my trip... I'll be in Colorado Sat 30 Apr to Mon 9 May, skiing Sunday to Sunday.
@Tony S will be there the 2nd half.

@tball I'm looking forward to skiing some bumps with you. Hoping to see more of the Colorado locals, too.

We are staying in Keystone, so A-Basin is the most convenient, but I'm open to spreading things around some. @Doug Briggs I'd be interested in doing a day at Breck if you want to get together -- haven't been there in almost 20 years.

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
I booked my trip... I'll be in Colorado Sat 30 Apr to Mon 9 May, skiing Sunday to Sunday.

@tball I'm looking forward to skiing some bumps with you. Hoping to see more of the Colorado locals, too.

We are staying in Keystone, so A-Basin is the most convenient, but I'm open to spreading things around some. @Doug Briggs I'd be interested in doing a day at Breck if you want to get together -- haven't been there in almost 20 years.
I would like to join you.

James

Out There
Instructor

2022 Nth of however-many at A-Basin in May Annual Event​

Could we change this title to something one can read to the end? I get stuck on ‘Nth’, and by ‘however’ I’m done.
> Annual ABasin in May, 2022 <

Otherwise, let’s just put a math formula in there because those really get the clicks. :ogcool:

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

2022 Nth of however-many at A-Basin in May Annual Event​

Could we change this title to something one can read to the end? I get stuck on ‘Nth’, and by ‘however’ I’m done.
Annual ABasin in May, 2022
Otherwise, let’s just put a math formula in there because those really get the clicks. :ogcool:
[puts on scrum master hat] Why don't you come up with a specific title that you like, and then flag your post for a moderator to change it?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Changed the title, which was kind of difficult because the 14th annual year was 2020, which happened on Zoom.
2021 was technically the 15th annual, but really the 14th annual in person, but that would make this the 15th annual, but really because we had the 14th annual on Zoom, this is the 16th annual.

Was that as clear as mud?
:crash:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

I'm glad you all are doing this. We just didn't have it in us after the year of travel we've had.
I'll add some images from years past when I get a minute.

Sponsor

Staff online