• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2022-2023 Colorado Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Winter is coming. The 1st up high dusting has happened, resorts have announced opening dates, and @nay has posted early season prognostication.

Time for the 2022-2023 thread ogsmile

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
We hiked the trail up the opposite side of the east wall a couple of years ago (i.e. other side of A Basin mountain). Here is a pic of my eldest holding a treasure we found in a bush.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 45

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got this intriguing email from Winter Park:

With winter on the horizon we’re excited to announce we’re almost doubling our expert-only terrain this season! Check out everything that’s new on our blog.

But I can't find any details on any blog or on the WP website. Anyone know what terrain expansion is in the works for this coming season???

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, I'm pretty sure the Jelly Roll is the far reaches of the Cirque that has been closed and is a long way out there. Great, once they have a lift that allows easier lapping.

Monosnap FY22-DownloadablePDF-TrailMap 2022-09-15 10-49-55.png

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you @mikel I was able to use Jelly Roll to find this on the net:

:thumb:The first addition is the reopening of the Jelly Roll run. This area was previously open as part of the Cirque expansion back in the 1990s but has been closed since the late-2000s. The expert trail, which was initially a black diamond, is known for “its rolling steep pitch and its ability to hold light, fluffy snow for days after a storm.”

:thumb:Over at Mary Jane, they are introducing the Powder Field area, located between Trestle and the Chutes. This new expert terrain features controlled avalanche chutes with pillow lines and cliffs.

Here are the other improvements coming to Winter Park during the 2022-23 season:

Insert Yawn emoji here. Evening Activities: New this season is the addition of Cosmic tubing nights at the Coca-Cola Tubing Park. Winter Park will also be bringing back Guided Sunset Skiing and cosmic Ice Skating. They will be making improvements to their Snowcat & S’mores evening tour, and adding more nights to their mountaintop après festivities at Sunspot.

:(Grooming Improvements: Winter Park has added more resources and staff to their grooming team. This means more trails will be groomed, including steeper runs, and allows them to keep terrain open longer for one of the longest seasons in Colorado.

:thumb:Parking Expansion: A new feature to the Winter Park app will allow drivers to find available spots in their numerous parking lots. They are expanding the G-Lot and widening Mary Jane Road to add nearly three hundred and fifty parking spaces to the ski resort.

Emojis are my commentary.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, I'm pretty sure the Jelly Roll is the far reaches of the Cirque that has been closed and is a long way out there. Great, once they have a lift that allows easier lapping.

View attachment 178261
Yes. that's the area.
I don't know about a lift to allow easier lapping. What made that area nice was snow preservation and very few people. If a lift goes in, it'll end up just another bump run.

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@tball here is a shot for you. End of B road on Formidable for reference.

IMG_0923 (1).JPG

A Basin this past weekend.
IMG_1305.JPG

Not much for the leaf peepers to see yet although there are spots in Summit with the leaves changing a lot more than around A basin.

Preseason stoke since alleged snowmaking is only a little more than a week away.

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@tball here is a shot for you. End of B road on Formidable for reference.

View attachment 178654

Given what could have been built there, I think the new A-lft neighborhood is a good thing. It blocks something worse from being developed.

I'm thinking of Keystone's new $225M development!

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
Not much for the leaf peepers to see yet although there are spots in Summit with the leaves changing a lot more than around A basin.

Some Aspen groves along French Gulch Rd (Breck) above my neighborhood beginning to show color. That gulch might peak in about a week. Photo is from yesterday, Sept 20.

20220920_155014.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online