• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Beijing Olympics

James

Out There
Instructor
They’re coming. Most athletes already there.

No snow except what’s made-

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What is "footy"?

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
It's the superior ballsport practised in most of the world and by American women (except in Australia where it is one of a number of odd shaped ball sports).

On the basis Ganong isn't demonstrating keepy -ups or panenkas it probably however is a casual abbreviation for footage.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
On the basis Ganong isn't demonstrating keepy -ups or panenkas it probably however is a casual abbreviation for footage.

Thank you. So, what I would call "video."

PS On reflection, I guess the idea of "video" presupposes a default of "audio" (which presupposes a default of "text"). And since bandwidth is now so ubiquitous I guess video is becoming the new default.

PPS But if you try to give me an interminable rambling VIDEO when I am looking for a concise RECIPE I might have to flame you.

PPPS Now get off my lawn.

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Men’s downhill first training run Wednesday 10 pm Eastern / 7 Pacific

B30A4B67-AA2E-4F78-8201-9CEEA3B96792.jpeg

Also on USA Network for those without Peacock. Sorry could not find a more event specific link

Interested to see what the course looks like

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
I don't think that was shot in China. Looks more like Europe with the houses so close to the course.
That's why I thought it might have been be a joke pulled from that IG page (the comment about being in Beijng, not the 360, that seems authentic and a such a fantastic feat)

Last edited:
TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Men’s downhill first training run Wednesday 10 pm Eastern / 7 Pacific

Also on USA Network for those without Peacock. Sorry could not find a more event specific link

Interested to see what the course looks like
So training runs with commentary?
Makes sense as we haven’t seen anything.

Not surprisingly, no local forerunners. No Hirscher either.

———————————-
"I would say it is surprisingly good, good in the sense it is going to be challenging," Russi told Reuters. "It is going to be a much steeper downhill than everybody was thinking.”

"Everybody thought Beijing is flat and Beijing has no mountains and that's not true. It has really everything.

"It has steep parts, long turns, quick turns, it has some speed sections and for me personally I like that we have three, four real big, big jumps.
——————-

Last edited:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Just a reminder, they are about 14hrs ahead of us. Depending on where you live in the USA, could be more or less.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
So training runs with commentary?
Makes sense as we haven’t seen anything.

Not surprisingly, no local forerunners. No Hirscher either.

———————————-
"I would say it is surprisingly good, good in the sense it is going to be challenging," Russi told Reuters. "It is going to be a much steeper downhill than everybody was thinking.”

"Everybody thought Beijing is flat and Beijing has no mountains and that's not true. It has really everything.

"It has steep parts, long turns, quick turns, it has some speed sections and for me personally I like that we have three, four real big, big jumps.
——————-
Jansrud on the start list makes me happy

Plenty of non-DH regulars (Pintu, Schwarz, Aerni, Strolz, Meillard, Philp etc.) on the start list too ... presumably to get time on the hill in prep for the AC?

Sponsor

Staff online