• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Lange XR9 Heritage Boot!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A throwback to 1995 with the XR9 Purple Haze
27D90EB3-FF5D-4CC5-A0F1-42B2E3820A1E.jpg
F9E9FA7C-6986-4FAB-8EB2-A6713E158CED.jpg
D1679ECB-1EE0-4030-A241-DFA81BB24A8F.jpg

5EC64693-5C7B-4A8A-9E76-C44BE0FFC14D.jpg
69AC8D9E-1A26-495B-A322-B210D92D2201.jpg

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
I loved my XR9s. My feet liked the liners a lot. The "flow" material didn't seem to pack out after 5 seasons. I wasn't exactly a fan of the purple/yellow color combo - but my feet didn't care. Then I had to take a break from skiing for a few years...

Years later, when I was getting ready to re-start skiing, I discovered the flow bladders in the liners had failed while in storage & leaked out a bit in both boots, making for an icky sticky mess when I tried the boots on. No big deal: the boots were over 10 years old by then & I already knew it was time to replace them.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I had a pair or 2 of the originals. I don’t know what the flex was but I remember that the plastic was really thick & seemed stiff. I was able to ski on them way past there life expectancy & the purple had faded to something unrecognizable.
What is the flex index on these retros?

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
97mm last, 140 flex according to Lange's web site.

I enjoyed my original XR9's--good boot; might have to try a pair of these pseudo retro boots just for fun!

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
97mm last, 140 flex according to Lange's web site.

I enjoyed my original XR9's--good boot; might have to try a pair of these pseudo retro boots just for fun!
Could you provide a link? I looked over Lange's web site & found nothing about the XR9 Heritage model.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
These are basically the 97 last RS140 with a cool throwback color wave. The only functional difference is these have replacable soles where the regular RS140 (which is not currently in the product line) are solid lugs. The replacable soles makes the boot easier to cant if necessary or for those more progressive, add Gripwalk soles. These are supposed to be released last year, but like many things, "due to Covid", these sat in a warehouse untill now. @Sierra Jim was working for Lange at the time and IIRC in my conversations with him he had a hand in the design and picking of the color with original boot.

The Purple Haze is follow up to the "Pink Panther" XRI Heritage boot of two years ago, a promotion that @Dave Petersen and I had a hand helping, we provided vintage product and old ad content for.

Here are some screen shots from the XRi Introduction ... the boots circled are the ones that we provided.
Thor Panther Shot.png

End credits ...
Pink Panther Credits.png

Last edited:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok Phil, a geek question for you . What model is the second boot up, right hand side. Is that the lange pro ( or super pro? ) from about 73-74?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ok Phil, a geek question for you . What model is the second boot up, right hand side. Is that the lange pro ( or super pro? ) from about 73-74?
The orange boot with silver buckles? I think it might be an XL-1000, I know I sent them a big one like that. Early 70's predate my mental geek database. Maybe @RickyG or one of the other old timers might know.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
I remember selling that boot and the Pink Panther when I was in college.....I had that boot with the Volkl P10 sl (yellow ski) and Marker MRR bindings.....thought I was pretty cool. BTW...a very fun looking box.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
@Sierra Jim was working for Lange at the time and IIRC in my conversations with him he had a hand in the design and picking of the color with original boot
Pretty sure he set mine up! I know he came to my home to help with my first orange Langes.
Hope he is doing well :thumb:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
The orange boot with silver buckles? I think it might be an XL-1000, I know I sent them a big one like that. Early 70's predate my mental geek database. Maybe @RickyG or one of the other old timers might know.

I’m about 99% sure that’s an XL-1000. But….as I recall that was a 1977-1979 vintage boot. I recall getting a couple of pairs and I think it was fall ‘78.
I get mixed up. Had my first pair of Lange’s in 1968, and skied in a new variation every couple of years….or every year…until 2003 when I moved into a Dobermann. That lasted for 10 years.

I can’t recall how often I heard “Man, that is a Lange foot!” Must tell everybody that!!

I did have a few sidetracks into other boots, even Solly’s, and an old-old Grand Prix….but always was shortly back in a Lange.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm beyond stoked to get this boot.
I had an eye appointment yesterday and was dialted when these boots arrived so I tried them on but Phil wouldn't let me do any of the real setup with blurry vision. :ogcool:
He was probably right.
I spent some time this morning putting my bunion punch in place and installing my custom footbeds.
I'm gonna rock these boots as soon as I get back on snow!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

James

Out There
Instructor
As long as this boot has nothing to do with the X09. Just a terrible waste.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
These are basically the 97 last RS140 with a cool throwback color wave. The only functional difference is these have replacable soles where the regular RS140 (which is not currently in the product line) are solid lugs. The replacable soles makes the boot easier to cant if necessary
I don't think I ever had boot lust before.

Sponsor

Staff online