• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Atomic Redster Q9.8

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
I tried the Redster Q7 for a couple of hours the other day (free on-mountain demo). Is that the more forgiving version of the 9.8? In any case I liked the ski. Fairly easy to ski with decent performance.
1657131144170.png

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I tried the Redster Q7 for a couple of hours the other day (free on-mountain demo). Is that the more forgiving version of the 9.8? In any case I liked the ski. Fairly easy to ski with decent performance.
Yes it is. Good catch.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The Bolds are just my point of reference and the two skis I offer hear compared to it are the RC One GT 86 and the AR. @anders_nor, ever been on the Fischer?
yes, but only on examples with so bad tunes I dont think they can compare to.. even itself

its a turny ski that kinda initiates for you, the intermediates we had on it loved that in it.

put your faith in mr pug for this I guess ;)

I dont think I will be buying a pair, with that said I will get a pair that I orderd for one of my regular skiiing buddies, who has same BSL, so I will be able to ski it more with a proper tune.

James

Out There
Instructor
The Bolds are just my point of reference and the two skis I offer hear compared to it are the RC One GT 86 and the AR. @anders_nor, ever been on the Fischer?
The Bolds really compare to the Curve GT, not the 86 Rc One GT. The Rc One 86 GT is more of an all around truckster. It is very torsionally stiff. Very tenacious edge hold on steep hard snow. Impressive. They’ve worked out the tip curve/flex/stiffness so there’s basically no flap at speed unlike many.

Of those, the RC One 86 Gt would be the best for your jello snow. But it won’t have the fluid snappy carvey sense of the others.

Possibly the 2022 and later Kastle 86ti bridges that fluid snappy Bold to more off road better. Don’t know, but it’s supposed to be very good in moguls too. The 96ti got rave reviews here.

Sponsor