• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 New England Gathering discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Where’s next year gonna be??

I'll post a thread at some point next Fall regarding possible destinations but my early thoughts are the Mad River Valley (MRG and Sugarbush) or Stowe/Smuggs.

We had some preliminary discussions over dinners and on lifts, etc. but nothing has been decided. I was thinking that we put the NEG on a multi-year rotation -- i.e., Killington, Mad River valley, Maine and some fourth destination?

TS
ilovepugs

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fixed for you
I just cut a door between the guest bedroom and the space above the garage. If people don’t care about a lack of privacy and sharing the single guest shower we could probably make a combo of two guest bedrooms and a variety of couches and air mattresses work.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’ll have to see if I have any horse blankets you can borrow.
I appreciate the acknowledgment of my true identity. Feeling very seen right now.

What’s your prognosis on the knee?
MRI results today: MCL and posterior meniscus damage consistent with sprain. ACL and PCL intact. Bone edema at the tibial plateau which they think is the source of the pain and excessive swelling. Timeline to walking pain-free 6-12 weeks with PT. Timeline to full function (i.e., bending past 90 degrees) is pain tolerance-dependent. Crutches can be ditched as soon as weight bearing is manageable.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I appreciate the acknowledgment of my true identity. Feeling very seen right now.

MRI results today: MCL and posterior meniscus damage consistent with sprain. ACL and PCL intact. Bone edema at the tibial plateau which they think is the source of the pain and excessive swelling. Timeline to walking pain-free 6-12 weeks with PT. Timeline to full function (i.e., bending past 90 degrees) is pain tolerance-dependent. Crutches can be ditched as soon as weight bearing is manageable.
Good luck with the recovery. Doesn't sound like fun.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll post a thread at some point next Fall regarding possible destinations but my early thoughts are the Mad River Valley (MRG and Sugarbush) or Stowe/Smuggs.

We had some preliminary discussions over dinners and on lifts, etc. but nothing has been decided. I was thinking that we put the NEG on a multi-year rotation -- i.e., Killington, Mad River valley, Maine and some fourth destination?

Those sound good to me even though I hate Smuggs lift system. Maybe Jay and Burke as a fourth option, just to be different?

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
There's any number of places we could go:
  • Le Massif and Mt. St. Anne -- new destination for many, but it's a long ways away.
  • New Hampshire -- Cannon, Wildcat, Attitash?
  • Stowe and Smuggs -- Neither is on the Ikon pass. Not sure if Vail gives @Erik Timmerman and company free tickets or not anymore?
  • Jay and Burke -- Again, neither is on Ikon
  • Mad River Valley -- MRG is historically an extremely popular gathering day.
  • Others?

For the Epic resorts -- Stowe / Wildcat, maybe others? -- we'd probably want to decide a destination relatively early to give people a chance to get Epic two-day passes, etc.

TS
ilovepugs

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There's any number of places we could go:
  • Jay and Burke -- Again, neither is on Ikon
Jay is on Indy for 23/24. I would assume Burke will remain an Indy alliance partner and offer discounted tickets. But the day ticket price is not that expensive anyway. Other mountain passholder tickets were $65 this year.

The Divas are probably doing a meetup at Jay but likely to be earlier in the season (late January).

Well… we were talking about Le Massif and Mont Sainte Anne in Quebec.

I'm interested in checking these mountains out, especially Le Massif de Charlevoix. Not certain I'll take a week to ski out west next year during mid-winter (spring skiing in Banff always a priority) so I'll probably take the week off for the aforementioned Diva meetup in Jay, then make a little jaunt over to La Belle Provence.

I want dibs on Baxter's bed if it's Vermont.

If it's eastern Quebec, I have a spot and another skier or 2 to join.
You can have him as a hot water bottle + white noise machine.

The nice thing about skiing in the Eastern Townships is there is always the option to save money using the L'Est Go card. I looked into doing an Eastern Townships trip this year but not enough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor